mec
    West Salem,WI

What a rush!!!Great deer!

mec
    West Salem,WI

What a rush!!!Great deer!

coppertop
    Central MN

Zimmy excellent job, We all could use a day like that!!

coppertop
    Central MN

Zimmy excellent job, We all could use a day like that!!

shayla

Awesome story and Awesome buck, Conratulations! Sounds like you have done your homework!

shayla

Awesome story and Awesome buck, Conratulations! Sounds like you have done your homework!

jetro
    Mayer, MN

Great buck, story and pics!
    Congrats and thanks for sharing!

jetro
    Mayer, MN

Great buck, story and pics!
    Congrats and thanks for sharing!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Great buck Zimmy!

I am NOT a tree guy, I do have a turkey blind though. I’ve often wondered how they would work for deer, I’ve heard mixed results. Is this your first deer from a ground blind? What do you think of them?

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Great buck Zimmy!

I am NOT a tree guy, I do have a turkey blind though. I’ve often wondered how they would work for deer, I’ve heard mixed results. Is this your first deer from a ground blind? What do you think of them?

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

Quote:

Great buck Zimmy!

This was my first deer with my Ameristep Penthouse. I had a Double Bull stolen a few years back that I left out on the field edge for a friend and his son to go turkey hunting in the morning, because it a crappy weekend with wind and rain. (my blind was 1/4 mile from gravel road..they drove down a field road and out into the hay field right to it and loaded it up. EVERYTHING.. chair, stakes, etc. EVRYTHING! NO one had permissin to hunt on the field road property…they didn’t care I guess)
    Sorry, I got side tracked!
    I had a small eight I could have shot back then, but passed. I LOVED my double bull blind, but I hate being not able to see everything around you with peaking here and peaking there. Plus, I know deer are much more spooky around blinds than most other animals.

Just love the view from above. I’m not scared of heights also. Use to work on grain bins down south years ago.

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

Quote:

Great buck Zimmy!

This was my first deer with my Ameristep Penthouse. I had a Double Bull stolen a few years back that I left out on the field edge for a friend and his son to go turkey hunting in the morning, because it a crappy weekend with wind and rain. (my blind was 1/4 mile from gravel road..they drove down a field road and out into the hay field right to it and loaded it up. EVERYTHING.. chair, stakes, etc. EVRYTHING! NO one had permissin to hunt on the field road property…they didn’t care I guess)
    Sorry, I got side tracked!
    I had a small eight I could have shot back then, but passed. I LOVED my double bull blind, but I hate being not able to see everything around you with peaking here and peaking there. Plus, I know deer are much more spooky around blinds than most other animals.

Just love the view from above. I’m not scared of heights also. Use to work on grain bins down south years ago.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Thats a nice buck Zim, way to go. It dosen’t come any better than that. Have you calmed down any yet?

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Thats a nice buck Zim, way to go. It dosen’t come any better than that. Have you calmed down any yet?

jakey 202
    Sheldon, Wisconsin

Hey uncle Jer I finally got in my password needed a space between the jakey n 202. Once again super deer and the story to go with it!! Did you go to the plum city game? Score?
    Jake

jakey 202
    Sheldon, Wisconsin

Hey uncle Jer I finally got in my password needed a space between the jakey n 202. Once again super deer and the story to go with it!! Did you go to the plum city game? Score?
    Jake

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

Yes Jakey, Dad and I went. Score was 14-14 at halftime then Plum City had five turnovers in the second half. Plum City got beat 40- 28. Plum City couldn’t stop the big plays again either! That Eleva Strum has some BIG BOYS there!

Glad to see you back too!

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

Yes Jakey, Dad and I went. Score was 14-14 at halftime then Plum City had five turnovers in the second half. Plum City got beat 40- 28. Plum City couldn’t stop the big plays again either! That Eleva Strum has some BIG BOYS there!

Glad to see you back too!

Viewing 19 posts - 31 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.