Does Scent elimination really work?

• muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Well Lip I don’t want this to be a pissing match, so this will be my last post on this subject. I too keep my clothes in a scent free container, spray down everytime, only wear my clothes when I am in the woods and wash my under clothes in scent free detergent. I bought this stuff to be able to do as they say and “Forget the wind just hunt” So do you take this approach or do you not have enough confidence in your equipment? I still wear my scent blocker everyday to this day for the help that it may give me and I just can’t see paying $300 on something and not using it. But passing the blame to the hunter when it fails!!! OH he must not have done this or done that. Oh and you talk about this guys “alterior motives” and the only evidence you have backing your side is from …..oh that’s right the guy who wants you to buy his clothes (can you say alterior motive?). And the greastest thing he says is science isn’t enough we need field tests too???? I’m not saying I know mine doesn’t work because it probably does help a little bit, but you can’t discredit someone without scientific proof that the carbon IS capable of doing what they say it will. Thanks for the read Jarrad both of them. It was almost like Mr. Corrigan read our forum. Sorry if I made you mad Lip, just voicing my opinion.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I have all the scent blockers suits, the scent elimination products, and dress afield, bla, bla, bla too. I have spent who knows how much money on all of this stuff and execute it all perfectly or darn close to perfect.
    Let me tell you one thing, all of it only helps. You are a fool if you think that you can be 100% scent free. You are a fool if you believe that the huge buck you dream of can walk in getting a full sniff of you and not detect you. You’d also be a fool not to try to be as scent free as possible. All of the products out there do help as long as they are executed properly. So by all means use them if its in your budget.
    THERMALS. I hunt up wind half the time. My wind blows right over them in the right conditions. Sometimes the air is being sucked up and sometimes not. High stands are better.
    I

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I have all the scent blockers suits, the scent elimination products, and dress afield, bla, bla, bla too. I have spent who knows how much money on all of this stuff and execute it all perfectly or darn close to perfect.
    Let me tell you one thing, all of it only helps. You are a fool if you think that you can be 100% scent free. You are a fool if you believe that the huge buck you dream of can walk in getting a full sniff of you and not detect you. You’d also be a fool not to try to be as scent free as possible. All of the products out there do help as long as they are executed properly. So by all means use them if its in your budget.
    THERMALS. I hunt up wind half the time. My wind blows right over them in the right conditions. Sometimes the air is being sucked up and sometimes not. High stands are better.
    I

Chris
    Rochester, MN

I’ve been following this thread since Jarrad posted it a week ago. I’m finding people’s opinions very interesting. I’m sure these clothes have some sort of utility but I wouldn’t personally know because I’ve never used them myself. I think that testimonials from sportsmen that use something are the best way to know if something works or not. Unfortunately, I haven’t seen any general consensus on this one.

I just wanted to let anyone that cares know that FOX 9 will have a story on this tonight. Should be interesting Of course everyone knows that the news is biased in one way or another.

Cheers
    Chris

Chris
    Rochester, MN

I’ve been following this thread since Jarrad posted it a week ago. I’m finding people’s opinions very interesting. I’m sure these clothes have some sort of utility but I wouldn’t personally know because I’ve never used them myself. I think that testimonials from sportsmen that use something are the best way to know if something works or not. Unfortunately, I haven’t seen any general consensus on this one.

I just wanted to let anyone that cares know that FOX 9 will have a story on this tonight. Should be interesting Of course everyone knows that the news is biased in one way or another.

Cheers
    Chris

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.