ripley Hunt 2 How was it?

• DRH1175

Interested to hear about hunt 2. How was it and what deer were killed.

coppertop
    Central MN

DRH, As we drove to our normal spot on kodiak road we did not see alot of vehicles parked, sweet. Well, we round the corner there sits a truck not 20 feet from where normally park. Oh well, to be expected. Anyway get gear together to go to my tree start walking. OK, there’s one hunter, walk closer to my normal tree, crap sombody in a stand not 20 yrds from it only 10 feet off the ground. I love this spot so I find a new tree. Get set up a hunter walks by then another then 2 more. I sit for six hours and see nothing. I walk to my buddy for his thoughts. He wanted to move so we pack up running into 2 more hunters. As we walk out my buddy decides to set back up in this area after seeing so many scrapes. I set out for the other side of the road. I look at my aerial photos and choose a spot when I get there a guys sitting in a ladder stand, again oh well. So back across again, set up and sit the rest of the day and listen to a guy rattle and rattle and rattle so finally a grab my buck knife and start rapping it on my aluminum stand but he continues to rattle untill 7 pm On Sunday I decide to skip Ripley and spend six and a half hours on the road to hang a stand for the upcomming firearms hunt. Sun night hunt private land at home and pass on a six, eight and finally after hunting almost everyday since opener between 3 properties I finally see my shooter a nice tall ten, glad I skipped Ripley on Sun. My other Ripley friends ended up with 2 does and a nice 10 pt. My bud said when he was weighing in sun night that a guy was there who had a ten and an eleven that he shot one and a half hours apart. I have a feeling his pic will be floating around shortly with these two quality bucks.

coppertop
    Central MN

DRH, As we drove to our normal spot on kodiak road we did not see alot of vehicles parked, sweet. Well, we round the corner there sits a truck not 20 feet from where normally park. Oh well, to be expected. Anyway get gear together to go to my tree start walking. OK, there’s one hunter, walk closer to my normal tree, crap sombody in a stand not 20 yrds from it only 10 feet off the ground. I love this spot so I find a new tree. Get set up a hunter walks by then another then 2 more. I sit for six hours and see nothing. I walk to my buddy for his thoughts. He wanted to move so we pack up running into 2 more hunters. As we walk out my buddy decides to set back up in this area after seeing so many scrapes. I set out for the other side of the road. I look at my aerial photos and choose a spot when I get there a guys sitting in a ladder stand, again oh well. So back across again, set up and sit the rest of the day and listen to a guy rattle and rattle and rattle so finally a grab my buck knife and start rapping it on my aluminum stand but he continues to rattle untill 7 pm On Sunday I decide to skip Ripley and spend six and a half hours on the road to hang a stand for the upcomming firearms hunt. Sun night hunt private land at home and pass on a six, eight and finally after hunting almost everyday since opener between 3 properties I finally see my shooter a nice tall ten, glad I skipped Ripley on Sun. My other Ripley friends ended up with 2 does and a nice 10 pt. My bud said when he was weighing in sun night that a guy was there who had a ten and an eleven that he shot one and a half hours apart. I have a feeling his pic will be floating around shortly with these two quality bucks.

WalleyeBuster
    Central MN

Heck of a story Coppertop!! I would like to hear more about this “shooter” buck someday and what happened.. My Ripley hunt was a total bust! It took 2 days after the hunt to get over it. Oh well, smokesticks to come and then……..well, muzzle.. Alltogether, 1 deer on stand in Ripley, 7 from the road (redzone) and jumped 5 on Sat afternoon.

DONOTDELETE

Heck of a story Coppertop!! I would like to hear more about this “shooter” buck someday and what happened.. My Ripley hunt was a total bust! It took 2 days after the hunt to get over it. Oh well, smokesticks to come and then……..well, muzzle.. Alltogether, 1 deer on stand in Ripley, 7 from the road (redzone) and jumped 5 on Sat afternoon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.