Ripley Advice

• WalleyeBuster
    Central MN

Good evening all,

I’ve been going to Ripley for a while now and have a generic housekeeping question.. 2 years ago I showed up at 2:00 p.m. Friday afternoon and found myself about 1 1/2 miles back in line (once inside the main gate).. I’m wondering if the 12:00 show up rule is for real or if I will be able to show up a little early this year.. Have any of you shown up earlier than the 12:00 recommended time & how did it work out for you? Thanks in advance for your response.

pafollmer
    Brooklyn Center MN

I was there last year at 9 am and got in just fine but still was a ways back in line.

eyedoc2

pafollmer
    Brooklyn Center MN

I was there last year at 9 am and got in just fine but still was a ways back in line.

eyedoc2

WalleyeBuster
    Central MN

Thanks doc!! That’s kind of what I was thinking. I may show up early and see what happens.

DONOTDELETE

Thanks doc!! That’s kind of what I was thinking. I may show up early and see what happens.

gregh
    s.e. minn

We showed up at 5:30am the day before the hunt and there was a dozen trucks in front of us, I’d go when you want.

gregh
    s.e. minn

We showed up at 5:30am the day before the hunt and there was a dozen trucks in front of us, I’d go when you want.

big_g
    Isle, MN

We showed up at 12:00 the previous 2 years, and ended up 1/2 mile back in line. This year we showed up at 10:30, and ended up a 1/2 mile back in line. Until they actually start penalizing people, this will continue to happen. I say anybody that shows up before 12:00, they let them in, then tell them they will be excluded from next years drawing. I would think, this would help this problem big time. Good luck this weekend.

big g

big_g
    Isle, MN

We showed up at 12:00 the previous 2 years, and ended up 1/2 mile back in line. This year we showed up at 10:30, and ended up a 1/2 mile back in line. Until they actually start penalizing people, this will continue to happen. I say anybody that shows up before 12:00, they let them in, then tell them they will be excluded from next years drawing. I would think, this would help this problem big time. Good luck this weekend.

big g

WalleyeBuster
    Central MN

Thanks! I would agree with you 100%. Until there is a consequence for showing up early, nothing will change. I gotsta do what I gotsta do i guess.

DONOTDELETE

Thanks! I would agree with you 100%. Until there is a consequence for showing up early, nothing will change. I gotsta do what I gotsta do i guess.

DRH1175

Here is from another site that may answer your questions. Really you should not arrive before noon. However lots of hunters do.

Discussion at other website

DRH1175

Here is from another site that may answer your questions. Really you should not arrive before noon. However lots of hunters do.

Discussion at other website

WalleyeBuster
    Central MN

WoW! That guy seems to be very upset. Thanks for the info guys.

DONOTDELETE

WoW! That guy seems to be very upset. Thanks for the info guys.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.