Best bow for the buck?

• fishahollik
    South Range, WI

ALl this bow hunting has me itching to get back into it. BUT, I need to get a new bow since I lost my old one in my divorce. (She pawned/sold it) Since I am not independantly wealthy and do not own my own money making machine..whats a quality set up go for these days? I am looking for value, not top of the line. Quality can be had without selling your soul or mortgaging the house can’t it?

troy seelhammer
    Chatfield, Mn

I have heard good things about Reflex Bows. I believe they are a spinoff of Hoyt and use all the same technology. It is the one Chuck Adams uses and he seems to shoot straight.
    Good Luck, I think with enough practice any bow will work great.

troy seelhammer
    Chatfield, Mn

I have heard good things about Reflex Bows. I believe they are a spinoff of Hoyt and use all the same technology. It is the one Chuck Adams uses and he seems to shoot straight.
    Good Luck, I think with enough practice any bow will work great.

big_g
    Isle, MN

i just picked up a new Hoyt V-Tech, super fast, quiet and accurate. Like you said, there goes the mortgage. When talking to the guy at Mikes Archery, that set-up my bow for me, he said he shoots a Fred Bear QS32, and is very impressed with it. These guys shoot a different bow every other week, so I take his comments as someone with alot of knowledge. It runs about $300 less than the Hoyt I bought, I just wish I would have asked him that question, before writing the check. Oh well, I am more than happy with mine though. I went from a Golden Eagle, which I was comfortable to about 25 yards, to the Hoyt, which I can hit 4″ groups consistently at 40 yards. Once the ITCH has got you, you must give in to it !!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

i just picked up a new Hoyt V-Tech, super fast, quiet and accurate. Like you said, there goes the mortgage. When talking to the guy at Mikes Archery, that set-up my bow for me, he said he shoots a Fred Bear QS32, and is very impressed with it. These guys shoot a different bow every other week, so I take his comments as someone with alot of knowledge. It runs about $300 less than the Hoyt I bought, I just wish I would have asked him that question, before writing the check. Oh well, I am more than happy with mine though. I went from a Golden Eagle, which I was comfortable to about 25 yards, to the Hoyt, which I can hit 4″ groups consistently at 40 yards. Once the ITCH has got you, you must give in to it !!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

sorry, its the SQ32, which bass pro & Cabelas has on sale for $499 right now.

glen

big_g
    Isle, MN

sorry, its the SQ32, which bass pro & Cabelas has on sale for $499 right now.

glen

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Best Bang for the Buck , I would look at PSE! Very solid, forgiving bows that have both high end models and low end. The low end models are very reliable, accurate, durable and forgiving. Just my $.02. I shoot a Matthews, but would have no problem shooting PSE!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Best Bang for the Buck , I would look at PSE! Very solid, forgiving bows that have both high end models and low end. The low end models are very reliable, accurate, durable and forgiving. Just my $.02. I shoot a Matthews, but would have no problem shooting PSE!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Pse is a good medium priced bow, that was my first bow. One thing of caution though, what did most of us guys do and wish we did it first? eventually bought a better bow. I for one if i knew what was going to happen would have bought a better bow to start with. Pse makes a good bow though. Price of the bow, sights, quiver, release etc should be around $ 400 to $500

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Pse is a good medium priced bow, that was my first bow. One thing of caution though, what did most of us guys do and wish we did it first? eventually bought a better bow. I for one if i knew what was going to happen would have bought a better bow to start with. Pse makes a good bow though. Price of the bow, sights, quiver, release etc should be around $ 400 to $500

big_g
    Isle, MN

mossydan, your comment is right on the money. i paid $500 for my first set-up, for evrything including case, arrows and all. i wish i would have spent $300 more and really had something. bows are like cars, once there used, there value drops big time. consider buying a good used bow.

big_g
    Isle, MN

mossydan, your comment is right on the money. i paid $500 for my first set-up, for evrything including case, arrows and all. i wish i would have spent $300 more and really had something. bows are like cars, once there used, there value drops big time. consider buying a good used bow.

danno34

PSE Pull Shoot Explode that is my .02 worth must of got a bad one. Now i shoot a Mathews, worth the money try to find a used one if need be.

danno34

PSE Pull Shoot Explode that is my .02 worth must of got a bad one. Now i shoot a Mathews, worth the money try to find a used one if need be.

mike_utley
    Zumbrota, MN

If your not in a hurry, I’m thinking of buying a new bow after this season – might be able to work a good deal on my used Matthews.

Drop me an e-mail if your interested or able to wait.

mike_utley
    Zumbrota, MN

If your not in a hurry, I’m thinking of buying a new bow after this season – might be able to work a good deal on my used Matthews.

Drop me an e-mail if your interested or able to wait.

Andy68
    Rochester

I heard that archery headquarters in rochester,mn has used matthews Outbacks for a reasonable price. I would buy one but i’m in school and dont have a job. I shoot an american Archery bow and it works great. I just shot my first deer with a bow last night with it and i got a clean pass through.

Andy68
    Rochester

I heard that archery headquarters in rochester,mn has used matthews Outbacks for a reasonable price. I would buy one but i’m in school and dont have a job. I shoot an american Archery bow and it works great. I just shot my first deer with a bow last night with it and i got a clean pass through.

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

MNZ71, you got mail. Thanks for the replys fellas. My old bow was a Pearson Spoiler. It was a good bow in its day. Would actually be kinda outdated now days anyway. I may have to save my pennies for a Mathews.

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

MNZ71, you got mail. Thanks for the replys fellas. My old bow was a Pearson Spoiler. It was a good bow in its day. Would actually be kinda outdated now days anyway. I may have to save my pennies for a Mathews.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Congradulations on your first bowkill Andy, way to go.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Congradulations on your first bowkill Andy, way to go.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

I think I posted this on an earlier thread once, a while back. The Reflex Buckskin and Hoyt Ultra Mag are great shooting bows for a reasonable price. You should be able to get either for under $400. Thats a dry bow with nothing on it. Both bows get IMO speeds of 300+ fps. Both carry Hoyts cam and 1/2 performance system. Reflex and Hoyt are one in the same, Relex was created so Hoyt could sell their bows in Cabelas/Bass Pro. I would also take a look at the BowTech line. My $.02.

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

I think I posted this on an earlier thread once, a while back. The Reflex Buckskin and Hoyt Ultra Mag are great shooting bows for a reasonable price. You should be able to get either for under $400. Thats a dry bow with nothing on it. Both bows get IMO speeds of 300+ fps. Both carry Hoyts cam and 1/2 performance system. Reflex and Hoyt are one in the same, Relex was created so Hoyt could sell their bows in Cabelas/Bass Pro. I would also take a look at the BowTech line. My $.02.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.