WI-GUN OPENER

• blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

If that’s all it takes to get a shot at a deer like that, I’ll schedule 3 days a month for you next summer…

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

If that’s all it takes to get a shot at a deer like that, I’ll schedule 3 days a month for you next summer…

Me too, me too.

Lenny Jamison

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Me too, me too.

Lenny Jamison

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Sorry guys….just found my new fishing partner

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Sorry guys….just found my new fishing partner

krisko
    Durand, WI

Yeah guess that should have been a PM I’ll check with the guys and land owners though. The only thing is the 9 deer I’m talking about are hard to come by. They are really nocturnal in the deep north woods where I’m at. I’ll keep you guys in mind in the spring. Just so you know Gator Hunter has an edge on you guys…he likes to fish the toothy fishes. But I like them bucket mouth’s too!

krisko
    Durand, WI

Yeah guess that should have been a PM I’ll check with the guys and land owners though. The only thing is the 9 deer I’m talking about are hard to come by. They are really nocturnal in the deep north woods where I’m at. I’ll keep you guys in mind in the spring. Just so you know Gator Hunter has an edge on you guys…he likes to fish the toothy fishes. But I like them bucket mouth’s too!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

There’s the Bass that Slop catches ……Then there’s the Bass I catch.

When you get bored catching aquarium fodder, come and see me.

I think Lenny and I can come to an agreement.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

There’s the Bass that Slop catches ……Then there’s the Bass I catch.

When you get bored catching aquarium fodder, come and see me.

I think Lenny and I can come to an agreement.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Blue…you’re close to getting treated like ReelGuy

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

krisko
    Durand, WI

Boys now please no fighting. I saw the fish Slop caught this year in Their Wednesday night Clubber. I also have seen the fish you have caught Blue…..Then there’s the fish I catch. So if that doesn’t mean anything I don’t know what does. Plus if I get out with Slop I can jam to his new 9 gig Ipod. We can get two sets of headphones out that back pack of yours can’t we???

krisko
    Durand, WI

Boys now please no fighting. I saw the fish Slop caught this year in Their Wednesday night Clubber. I also have seen the fish you have caught Blue…..Then there’s the fish I catch. So if that doesn’t mean anything I don’t know what does. Plus if I get out with Slop I can jam to his new 9 gig Ipod. We can get two sets of headphones out that back pack of yours can’t we???

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Ouch!

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Ouch!

John Luebker

Well for a couple posts it turned to QDM so it got me thinking over the past couple years, and the deer that were harvested on our hunting land. I went back through some photos I have… A couple of the bucks my uncle shot I never got pictures of.

So this past hunting season we did not harvest a single buck on what I call “our land” we did see 1 that would qualify as a shooter. (past the ears, high, and heavy) A couple photos I do have show the (what I call) nice bucks we have taken.

I hope attaching these photos are alright, if not Please let me know and I will use a link.

This buck was taken this year bow hunting

This buck was taken last year gun hunting

Another buck taken laster year gun hunting

This next one was harvested two or three years back by my dad

And this one was harvested 3 or 4 years back by my brother

I am not trying to say that all the deer shown above or that the only deer we shoot are record book bucks, but I must say those are pretty repectable animals. I am also not trying to say hunters can’t harvest any size/type of animal they want, I am just saying for us it seems to be working. But on another note it isn’t always a trophy becuase of the size of its horns, it is also the memory’s that come with it.

Well back to work

John Luebker

Well for a couple posts it turned to QDM so it got me thinking over the past couple years, and the deer that were harvested on our hunting land. I went back through some photos I have… A couple of the bucks my uncle shot I never got pictures of.

So this past hunting season we did not harvest a single buck on what I call “our land” we did see 1 that would qualify as a shooter. (past the ears, high, and heavy) A couple photos I do have show the (what I call) nice bucks we have taken.

I hope attaching these photos are alright, if not Please let me know and I will use a link.

This buck was taken this year bow hunting

This buck was taken last year gun hunting

Another buck taken laster year gun hunting

This next one was harvested two or three years back by my dad

And this one was harvested 3 or 4 years back by my brother

I am not trying to say that all the deer shown above or that the only deer we shoot are record book bucks, but I must say those are pretty repectable animals. I am also not trying to say hunters can’t harvest any size/type of animal they want, I am just saying for us it seems to be working. But on another note it isn’t always a trophy becuase of the size of its horns, it is also the memory’s that come with it.

Well back to work

krisko
    Durand, WI

Nice animals John….How long have you been doing QGM?? Have you seen a change in animals on the property?

krisko
    Durand, WI

Nice animals John….How long have you been doing QGM?? Have you seen a change in animals on the property?

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Attaching the photos is perfectly fine, very nice pics I might add keepem coming!!!!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Attaching the photos is perfectly fine, very nice pics I might add keepem coming!!!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Not only fine, we encourage it!

Quote:

Quote:

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Not only fine, we encourage it!

Quote:

Quote:

John Luebker

Quote:

Krisko – For as long I as I have been hunting (12 years) we have let the little guys go. I was just going through some old movies the other day, and one of them was when I was maybe 8-9 years old, and they had 5 shooter bucks hanging in the tree. So I guess I can say I havn’t really seen an improvement, because they have been passing up bucks longer than I can remmeber I am sure you were looking for a better answer, but that is the best I can do

John Luebker

Quote:

Krisko – For as long I as I have been hunting (12 years) we have let the little guys go. I was just going through some old movies the other day, and one of them was when I was maybe 8-9 years old, and they had 5 shooter bucks hanging in the tree. So I guess I can say I havn’t really seen an improvement, because they have been passing up bucks longer than I can remmeber I am sure you were looking for a better answer, but that is the best I can do

krisko
    Durand, WI

No that’s Ok Johnl. I didn’t know if you guys were new to it or not. I give you guys all the credit in the world for what you do. It is amazing, we had a young hunter in our group this year. It was her first time out. She was told she could shoot anything…she refused and said she was doing what we were doing. She even passed up small does(fawns). You know what they say “Monkey see, Monkey do.”

krisko
    Durand, WI

No that’s Ok Johnl. I didn’t know if you guys were new to it or not. I give you guys all the credit in the world for what you do. It is amazing, we had a young hunter in our group this year. It was her first time out. She was told she could shoot anything…she refused and said she was doing what we were doing. She even passed up small does(fawns). You know what they say “Monkey see, Monkey do.”

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Just so you know Gator Hunter has an edge on you guys…he likes to fish the toothy fishes. But I like them bucket mouth’s too!

YEAH BABY!!!!! Anybody can catch a green carp.

Lenny Jamison

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Just so you know Gator Hunter has an edge on you guys…he likes to fish the toothy fishes. But I like them bucket mouth’s too!

YEAH BABY!!!!! Anybody can catch a green carp.

Lenny Jamison

Viewing 29 posts - 91 through 119 (of 119 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.