WI-GUN OPENER

• Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Anyone else pumped for the gun opener this weekend…Weather is looking fair with high’s in the mid 40’s…..20% chance of rain in some area’s….

GO GET ‘EM!!!

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

I’m getting pumped, it’s been 2 years since my last deer hunt. I took yesterday afternoon off and setup my stand. Plenty of fresh sign all around my stand, I can hardly wait. What time can I start shooting on Saturday?

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

I’m getting pumped, it’s been 2 years since my last deer hunt. I took yesterday afternoon off and setup my stand. Plenty of fresh sign all around my stand, I can hardly wait. What time can I start shooting on Saturday?

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Yep I’m all set and getting a little anxious for the start of the hunt. Anyone else hunt 59B here in Western Wisconsin? I’m hoping too combine the week off for hunting with a couple of days over fishing the Mississippi with my good friend and guide Don Hanson if all goes as planned. Just need to slay some deer right away.Everyone be safe out there hunting and if your fishing remember that water is cold. Steve

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Yep I’m all set and getting a little anxious for the start of the hunt. Anyone else hunt 59B here in Western Wisconsin? I’m hoping too combine the week off for hunting with a couple of days over fishing the Mississippi with my good friend and guide Don Hanson if all goes as planned. Just need to slay some deer right away.Everyone be safe out there hunting and if your fishing remember that water is cold. Steve

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

I’m pumped. Got the trailer loaded yesterday with ATV after replacing a bad bearing. Trying to find all my clothes and not knowing what to bring. This heat has me ticked off. I have wool and long johns and heavy boots for my trips to northern WI. Geesh now I need to find some shorts and tank tops. Leaving tomorrow morning after sending the kid to school and the wife to work. Here is a pic of our paradise from last year. 5 miles back in from where we park the cars. Tractor and wagon as well as ATV’s haul everything. Ashland County for those wondering.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

I’m pumped. Got the trailer loaded yesterday with ATV after replacing a bad bearing. Trying to find all my clothes and not knowing what to bring. This heat has me ticked off. I have wool and long johns and heavy boots for my trips to northern WI. Geesh now I need to find some shorts and tank tops. Leaving tomorrow morning after sending the kid to school and the wife to work. Here is a pic of our paradise from last year. 5 miles back in from where we park the cars. Tractor and wagon as well as ATV’s haul everything. Ashland County for those wondering.

buckmaster

You got it Slop…..pumped is the mild word for what I am right now. Was out over the weekend and had very good luck while in my stand. Seen 5 different bucks and all of them where chasing does hard core….got out of the stand at 11 and was walking back to the truck when I spotted the one I have been waiting the whole season for. He was in shooting range, but just not for the bow. Wish I could of got him with the bow, but I guess the gun will work.

Everyone stay safe!!!

buckmaster

You got it Slop…..pumped is the mild word for what I am right now. Was out over the weekend and had very good luck while in my stand. Seen 5 different bucks and all of them where chasing does hard core….got out of the stand at 11 and was walking back to the truck when I spotted the one I have been waiting the whole season for. He was in shooting range, but just not for the bow. Wish I could of got him with the bow, but I guess the gun will work.

Everyone stay safe!!!

manselmo

I hunt between spring valley and elmwood right in 59B. Lots o deer. I’ll be drinking and watching football at the sandbar too in elmwood if anyone wants to grab a beer. Got the whole season off of work. Awesome.

manselmo

I hunt between spring valley and elmwood right in 59B. Lots o deer. I’ll be drinking and watching football at the sandbar too in elmwood if anyone wants to grab a beer. Got the whole season off of work. Awesome.

waterswat
    WI

BM, I hear ya about seeing deer this last weekend. Wish I could have taken this whole week off to hunt also, but a guy has to work sometime I guess. I seen 10 deer in about 3 hours in the tree on friday. Two were definetly shooters, but couldn’t talk them in. Hopefully they will be around come saturday a.m. Good luck

waterswat
    WI

BM, I hear ya about seeing deer this last weekend. Wish I could have taken this whole week off to hunt also, but a guy has to work sometime I guess. I seen 10 deer in about 3 hours in the tree on friday. Two were definetly shooters, but couldn’t talk them in. Hopefully they will be around come saturday a.m. Good luck

John Luebker

Slop – Pumped isn’t the word. I packed everything and put in the car lastnight. (Not leaving till Friday night) The wife is just about ready to divorce me. She is not the least bit interested in hunting, but since she is the only one around I talk to her like she is. I had to move on and start talking to my black lab, she seems to listen better and I don’t get the back talk

John Luebker

Slop – Pumped isn’t the word. I packed everything and put in the car lastnight. (Not leaving till Friday night) The wife is just about ready to divorce me. She is not the least bit interested in hunting, but since she is the only one around I talk to her like she is. I had to move on and start talking to my black lab, she seems to listen better and I don’t get the back talk

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Johnl

Stop over and bring your lab….We’ll let the dogs run around and talk hunting!!!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Johnl

Stop over and bring your lab….We’ll let the dogs run around and talk hunting!!!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Good luck guys. We put a hurtin on em here in Minnesota this year.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Good luck guys. We put a hurtin on em here in Minnesota this year.

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

Where do you hunt, John? Back at where you grew up??? Or further north????

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

Where do you hunt, John? Back at where you grew up??? Or further north????

John Luebker

Zimmy, I hunt back around Plum City yet.

John Luebker

Zimmy, I hunt back around Plum City yet.

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Anyone have a picture of the land they hunt? This is a aerial of my cabin outside of Black River Falls. The cabin sits in a “hole” surrounded by hills. It also has a stream running in front of it, near the road. I’m definitely getting excited for opening weekend.

——————–

If it’s brown, it’s down.

BC

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Anyone have a picture of the land they hunt? This is a aerial of my cabin outside of Black River Falls. The cabin sits in a “hole” surrounded by hills. It also has a stream running in front of it, near the road. I’m definitely getting excited for opening weekend.

——————–

If it’s brown, it’s down.

BC

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

B.C.

The Red Indicator shows where that thick 8pt’r Ran by me!!! Good Luck this weekend….See you on Sunday to butcher MMMEEAAATTT

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

B.C.

The Red Indicator shows where that thick 8pt’r Ran by me!!! Good Luck this weekend….See you on Sunday to butcher MMMEEAAATTT

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

One question…is it Friday yet?

MMMMMMEEEEAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

One question…is it Friday yet?

MMMMMMEEEEAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

The anticipation is killing me…

It’s not a passion, It’s an OBSESSION!!!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 119 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.