Five Perfect Whitetail Rifles

• docternus
    Ramsey, Minnesota

Steve, I own both the 7400 and the 700. the 7400 auto is not worth the cardboard it was shipped in! The model 700 is an awesome gun. I just bought one this fall and love it. I got it in the 300 magnum. Wow!!! Flat, flat, flat.! The 700 has been around for ever. Military snipers use it as well as law enforcement snipers. Probably millions have been made with no major changes in design. So few moving parts it is hard to jam or fowl. DO NOT BUY A 7400 AUTO!!!! Talk to any gun dealer and they will tell you the same. What a pice of s—. emal me if you would like to know any thing else about the 700.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Don’t see many of the norma mags around anymore. You must reload? A good friend has one, he just bought some new brass, wow was it expensive. Cool caliber though!!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Don’t see many of the norma mags around anymore. You must reload? A good friend has one, he just bought some new brass, wow was it expensive. Cool caliber though!!

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Steve: I’ve got the Remington 700 in .243, .270 and 30.06. Your welcome to try out any one of them if you want.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Steve: I’ve got the Remington 700 in .243, .270 and 30.06. Your welcome to try out any one of them if you want.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I’d say you have the entire realm of hunting covered Sarge. I’d throw in a .300 mag for longer range Elk and you are there!

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I’d say you have the entire realm of hunting covered Sarge. I’d throw in a .300 mag for longer range Elk and you are there!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Thanks for all the great info guys, allot of food for thought. Brian I just may take you up on your offer, maybe this spring we can try them out at the gun club just down the road from my place. I think my next gun purchase however will be a Thompson Center Omega Rifle, I bought a Multi Season deer license this year which lets you bow hunt, shot gun hunt, and muzzle load hunt all on one license. My neighbor is loaning me his muzzle loader this year but next year I would like to have my own.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Thanks for all the great info guys, allot of food for thought. Brian I just may take you up on your offer, maybe this spring we can try them out at the gun club just down the road from my place. I think my next gun purchase however will be a Thompson Center Omega Rifle, I bought a Multi Season deer license this year which lets you bow hunt, shot gun hunt, and muzzle load hunt all on one license. My neighbor is loaning me his muzzle loader this year but next year I would like to have my own.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Tom: My broinlaw in Denver has a 7mm mag in the Rem. 700 bolt line that I was debating adding. The gun cabinet is getting full and the wife is getting suspicious. Good thing the little guy is 12 and starting to get interested. Ahh yeah honey the new gun is for him Leaving Wed for WI hunt and the 30.06 and .270 will be with me as usual. But with the warm weather I may do a little long distance recon, so just may have to take the old 30-30 lever along too. I hate all these decisions.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Tom: My broinlaw in Denver has a 7mm mag in the Rem. 700 bolt line that I was debating adding. The gun cabinet is getting full and the wife is getting suspicious. Good thing the little guy is 12 and starting to get interested. Ahh yeah honey the new gun is for him Leaving Wed for WI hunt and the 30.06 and .270 will be with me as usual. But with the warm weather I may do a little long distance recon, so just may have to take the old 30-30 lever along too. I hate all these decisions.

Weasel
    WI,Onalaska

I have a remington 700 mountain rifle . it is awesome it’s light weight and talk about accurate.I shoot a deer at 200+ yards already this year it dropped right there no need tracking .by the way its a .270 with 150grain power point bullet

Weasel
    WI,Onalaska

I have a remington 700 mountain rifle . it is awesome it’s light weight and talk about accurate.I shoot a deer at 200+ yards already this year it dropped right there no need tracking .by the way its a .270 with 150grain power point bullet

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.