Deep fryer suggestions

• ThunderLund78

I’m surprised nobody else has said it. The Frying Saucer! Uses very little oil, nice sides to drain your fillets and keep them hot at the same time. I’ve used the same 1 lb. cylinder for the last 2 fries and still some left.

I said it rotflol

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

How does the Pro Fryer work for possum poop?

I know a guy that’s interested.

picklerick
    Central WI

How does the Pro Fryer work for possum poop?

I know a guy that’s interested.

Heat it up and strain it through a coffee filter, so you can reuse the oil.

27eyeguy

Frying Saucer guy here also. Have 1 for home n 1 at cabin. Have fried lots of stuff on them, but mostly fish. One of our favorites is venison steak bites. Frying Saucer uses little oil, I can usually get by with about a quart of oil or less, and run it off a 20 lb LP cylinder. I have used it year round, just takes bit longer when colder. I like cooking on it and the best part is taste testing everything.

tim hurley

Bought the Pro-Fry, can’t wait to try it-almost bought a cuisinart.

James Almquist

The fryer we have looks like a Pro-Fry but is made by T-Fal. We had the small one and since have moved on to the larger version. The small still works great for fish and the large is for deep fry night. Wings, cheese sticks, poppers and anything else you want deep fried. I tend to fill them above the oil fill line because it will cover the food with oil better. Takes a little longer to heat up the oil but well worth it. About every second fry or so it will be time to clean the bits off the bottom and strain the oil. When the oil gets dark its time to throw it out or give it to someone who hunts bears.

boone
    Woodbury, MN

It looks like a lot of these fryers have 1700-1800 watt heating elements. According to the chart I have, an 1800 watt heater draws 15 amps at 120 volts. Nearly all the outlets in my house are rated for 15 Amps. It looks like an 1800 watt heater would be pushing the circuit to its limit, and above the limit if there’s anything else drawing power from the circuit. Has anyone had problems with tripping the circuit breakers when using these fryers? Maybe the 15 amp circuits have a built-in safety factor. I know at the industrial building where I work, we’re only allowed to draw 80% of the rated circuit amperage.

I’m thinking about getting an electric fryer for better temperature control of the oil. I’ve been having trouble getting the oil too hot when using my propane fryer. It seems like with my propane fryer and I can keep the oil temperature around 350-375 F but if I step away for a moment, it can jump above 400 F real quick and then it seems the oil gets dark and is ruined.

tim hurley

Step away way too long and you have flames!

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Joe, what do you do with the oil after the fish are all cooked?

I just let the oil cool a few minutes and through the whole thing in a Rubbermade tote… done. I’ll fry about 4 times and then dump it in my fire pit. So I get 4 cooks with zero maintenance and then I clean everything real good and pour in new oil.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.