Dealer selling Honda or Suzuki

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Any dealers around matching Hondas or Suzuki motors on AlumaCrafts in Minnesota?

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Dans southside for Suzuki, that’s where my dad got his.

Edit- just realized that was 8 years ago already but double checked their website and they still are putting them on alumacrafts.

disco bobber

I bought an Alumacraft with a Suzuki on it from Westres in St Cloud last year. Good people to work with.

Beast

Not in MN, but close, Warner’s Dock in New Richmond., Suzuki, Yamaha,,Mercury, and I think Honda, is what they handle

blackbay
    mn

Voyageur Marine has Suzuki and Alumacraft.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Any dealers around matching Hondas or Suzuki motors on AlumaCrafts in Minnesota?

You’re asking for a friend, right?????

HRG

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

You’re asking for a friend, right?????

HRG

Of course…………tentatively asking at that. Seems opinions aren’t allowed much around here anymore. grin Have to be very general in my questions. coffee

greig john
    Inactive
    Minnesota

As of last fall, Hallberg would hang any motor you wanted.

Ross Gunderson

Lacannes through a DF175 and a 9.9 EFI suzuki’s on my trophy 185 last year. I must say great shop to deal with also.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Not in MN, but close, Warner’s Dock in New Richmond., Suzuki, Yamaha,,Mercury, and I think Honda, is what they handle

yup… got a DF150SS on my 185 Comp Sport at Warner’s…

Attachments:
    1. 98101237_10223286788424129_8169657619586220032_n.jpg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Please don’t take this as a rip it’s just my opinion.

Sometimes you never get a chance to make a second impression. Back in 1998 I had gone into Dans looking at new boats. Can’t remember the brand they were selling. Anyway I talked very briefly with a salesman (he didn’t have much time for me) the impression he left with me was I didn’t have enough money. I ordered my Ranger from Frankies 3 days later. Haven’t been back since.

Years ago a very good friend said to me “I absolutely will never do business with Warner Dock again.” I trust his judgement and to this day have never considered Warner for a purchase.

To all salespeople, it’s not only the currant deal you are working that might be a lifetime customer, or maybe not. doah

Thanks for all the suggestions, i’ll let everybody know what happens.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

That’s how I feel about Hallberg’s…

Ron

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

Sometimes you never get a chance to make a second impression. Back in 1998 I had gone into Dans looking at new boats. Can’t remember the brand they were selling. Anyway I talked very briefly with a salesman (he didn’t have much time for me) the impression he left with me was I didn’t have enough money. I ordered my Ranger from Frankies 3 days later. Haven’t been back since.

Years ago a very good friend said to me “I absolutely will never do business with Warner Dock again.” I trust his judgement and to this day have never considered Warner for a purchase.

To all salespeople, it’s not only the currant deal you are working that might be a lifetime customer, or maybe not. doah

I stopped in to Warner’s dock this spring to look at Competitor tillers. The first sales guy didn’t know anything about the boat and passed me off to another young guy and he also didn’t seem to know anything about the boat, or fishing boats at all really. They didn’t seem at all interested in selling a boat, so I bailed. I ended up buying a Starcraft Delta Tiller from The Boat Center simply because I’ve had nothing but excellent service from them. I really wasn’t too sure about the boat brand, but the dealer was more important to me and the boat looked every bit as good as a Competitor or Pro Guide. I’ve had the boat for a few months now and it’s working great. The couple issues I had were fixed immediately by The Boat Center as always.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

to did you get the 70 hp Yammi? Delta 168?

Beast

I remember when Warner’s had a bad reputation, but that seen to have changed over the years, also remember when Halberg’s reputation was even worse. haven’t nothing about them these last few years.

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

to did you get the 70 hp Yammi? Delta 168?

I got the Delta 188 with 90HP Yamaha SHO.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

I stopped in to Warner’s dock this spring to look at Competitor tillers. The first sales guy didn’t know anything about the boat and passed me off to another young guy and he also didn’t seem to know anything about the boat, or fishing boats at all really. They didn’t seem at all interested in selling a boat, so I bailed. I ended up buying a Starcraft Delta Tiller from The Boat Center simply because I’ve had nothing but excellent service from them. I really wasn’t too sure about the boat brand, but the dealer was more important to me and the boat looked every bit as good as a Competitor or Pro Guide. I’ve had the boat for a few months now and it’s working great. The couple issues I had were fixed immediately by The Boat Center as always.

To each their own experience… my experience with Warner’s last fall and since has been all good. I know they’re super-busy and had quite a backlog of work in the queue. My purchase experience was great and the trade-in value they gave me for my old boat was above my expectation. I had questions about the propping of my Suzi and Matt from the shop met me at Cedar Lake to give it a test and spent quite a bit of time assessing performance of the outboard. I bought a Helix 7 for ice fishing and wanted to mount it on the bow to use the DI transducer on my Terrova. I sent one email and they let me know that they had put all the parts I needed together in a package, including an ethernet hub. All I had to do was stop by and pick it up! (and, of course, pay for it) Have also order a Hewitt dock from them for our new house…

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I had the same experience with Warner, they just didn’t seem like they had the time to sell me a boat so I moved on.

Beast

I just picked my boat up today at Warner’s, everything went smooth as silk. the only hiccup in the whole process was when the Alumacraft plant shut down due to covid 19 .

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.