Dang

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Yes, the rest of the country is looking at your leaders and seeing no leadership.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

And all that you’re talking about tindall accomplishes nothing.

I’m not sure what you mean.

munchy
    NULL

Pentagon just put the Military Police on standby to head to MPLS if called on.

Fish To Escape

Well as of now we know for sure one of my wife’s pharmacies was completely ransacked. Another clinic was broken into but word is they didnt breech the pharmacy.

So many people who need meds are gonna be screwed. She also runs a tuberculosis and homeless clinic which will likely be defunct for a bit.

Yes, ripple effects everywhere. My wife is a medical Director for several LTC centers and they were scrambling all day yesterday because they weren’t going to be able to get Med deliveries after 3 pm.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’m not sure what you mean.

Sorry, I worded that way too broadly. I just meant the whole situation, the whole reason behind you and your wife having to do what you did. Breaking into clinics, etc. I know at the pharmacy I go to I recently had to wait quite awhile because they never seemed to have more than 8 friggin pills of the medication I needed in their store at a time. Now people who really need meds for conditions are going to find that even more difficult. Nothing to do with you and your wife, I think that was pretty courageous.

Fish To Escape

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Fish To Escape wrote:</div>
    I would imagine that is exactly what the rioting groups sound like when they talk

Around here about every home has weapons, most have served from Vietnam to the Middle East, that’s not just talk, but if you think that’s wrong, that your right. but I doubt any one around here would just roll over and take it, and I’m sure there are many in the twin cities that are willing to do the same,it’s just a matter of time and the bomb will go off.

Not saying that people don’t have a right to defend themselves, definitely not saying the rioters are right or justified. All I was saying is that rhetoric like that sounds like someone who feels like their community is being unfairly targeted and you feel like the system and the leaders aren’t backing you. Familiar

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>
    That Atlanta Mayor has some balls. We could use her in Mpls right now.

Honest question, did it help? I saw some damage and stuff in Atlanta but was it controlled? Hard to keep up on the news with riots all over the country.

I honestly don’t know if it helped to stop the crap down there. It was real refreshing to finally see somebody who gets it be able to muster the courage to get in front of a camera and lead her people. The guy in Mpls looks to have been dragged through a key hole backwards and doesn’t portray the image that he is a leader. Just my personal observation.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Time to start dropping wholesale tear gas bombs, no guard, no cops, no curfew and nothing being done to stop it. both mayors and governor are gutless.

Agreed. The gutless leaders are supporting the rioters in my opinion. It’s time to go barbarian. This is going to cost every one of us with increased taxes and insurance on top of the covid mess. Property and livelihoods destroyed. What the hell will it take to do what is necessary!?

Beast

Lot of touchy kumbaya people on here, we see how well that’s working. hope your mounted unicorn police arrives soon to save you, All I’m saying, BLM shows up, and the results or the same no matter what city,I’m out of here,

Deuces

I feel our state government is handcuffed by the belief they can’t have any more deaths on their hands. Not a single one. And that’s why we are seeing the complete lack of response thus far. Burn baby burn.

Have you ever felt in your entire life that your government is literally not there for you? I havent until now, it’s crushing. It certainly opens your eyes to what a black man may feel in this country.

It’s of my opinion they will wait for trump to come in, they will let him have blood on his hands.

St. Paul mayor just said every single person they arrested last night was from out of state, wow.

Deuces

We are stationing ourselves in front of the businesses we rely on and love tonight.

Heard it’s going this way citywide, *heard*.

I always said I was a ninja in another life, let’s hope it doesn’t need to get resurrected.

blackbay
    mn

BS Walz is just as culpable as Frey in this. He’s the damn Governor of the state and now he wants to act like he had no responsibilities and it’s all Frey’s fault. Yeah Frey’s a pajama boy and was frozen in fear but Walz needed to give direction probably before Frey. Now that he wants to shift all the blame to Frey for this proves it. If he didn’t feel some responsibility he would have no need to throw anybody under the bus or point the finger elsewhere.

As I said before the instant I seen that video I knew what was coming. I said it out loud to my wife in the first minute of watching it. This is going to be Ferguson times ten I told her. If Walz or Frey couldn’t see it and start to take some preemptive action they are blind.

Mpls. Has been run by progressive social engineers at all levels for a long time. These are not the people you want sharing a fox hole with you when $hit gets real and they showed that the last few days. Now all they have left to do is what cowards usually do and point the finger of blame the other direction.

Good luck to all of you down there and hope everyone is safe.

Oh don’t get me wrong. I blame the Gov also. I just thought it was hypocritical he blamed the mayor. I can’t believe the Gov was in the national guard. What did he do dig latrines?

I fear that if this occurs again tonight, and it looks like it will, that the Pres will declare martial law and the feds will take over Minneapolis.

blackbay
    mn

St. Paul mayor just said every single person they arrested last night was from out of state, wow.

All these people need to be charged with terrorism. Not trespassing or illegal assembly. These are domestic terrorists plain and simple. Treat them as such.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I know even Anoka county is on curfew this weekend too.

munchy
    NULL

We are stationing ourselves in front of the businesses we rely on and love tonight.

Heard it’s going this way citywide, *heard*.

I always said I was a ninja in another life, let’s hope it doesn’t need to get resurrected.

Good luck sir!

blank

I feel our state government is handcuffed by the belief they can’t have any more deaths on their hands. Not a single one. And that’s why we are seeing the complete lack of response thus far. Burn baby burn.

Have you ever felt in your entire life that your government is literally not there for you? I havent until now, it’s crushing. It certainly opens your eyes to what a black man may feel in this country.

It’s of my opinion they will wait for trump to come in, they will let him have blood on his hands.

Totally agree. Stay safe Beads.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I stayed up and watched the nonsense till after Walz was done talking at 2:30. Trump informed that the MPs would be on stand by at 12:30ish. Walz was asked if he would use them and he said we are talking about it….. There is zero reason he didn’t say ABSOLUTELY FRICKEN YES!!! With the biggest protest ever coming in and we were overpowered with 5000 last night. There were alot of actual peaceful protesters marching and even putting out fires, but the idiots rioting were 100% enjoying themselves. There was laughing as they took every last piece of a hardware store into the street to burn. Every color and creed accounted for. There is a serious lack of “oppressing” and grief. It’s straight up vandalism, stealing, and terrorism. Everyone should be captured and prosecuted. If you’re standing by just watching , guilty by association at this point. It’s a good thing I don’t live down there, cause if I would’ve survived the night, I’d probably be in jail now.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Judging by the news conferences, Frey is fighting this with visine.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Judging by the news conferences, Frey is fighting this with visine.

He’s in over his head I think. He wanted to be a Mayor, but in his head it was a nice little city with pretty flowers and no violence. His motivational rally the troops speech last night was spoken from a scared man, and was all cliche’s. He left the conference without answering any questions.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Restaurant owner in MPLS

Owner Ruhan Islam’s daughter posted on Facebook: “I am sitting next to my dad watching the news, I hear him say on the phone: ‘Let my building burn,justice needs to be served, put those officers in jail.'”
    Islam later said, “Life is more valuable than anything else. We can rebuild a building. But we cannot give this man back to his family.”

Powerful stuff there shock

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Some of these restaurants on the brink from the virus might consider a fire a blessing. Their insurance might cover vandalism but i don’t know anybody who had virus coverage.

No accusations just making a observation.

Reef W

Restaurant owner in MPLS

Owner Ruhan Islam’s daughter posted on Facebook: “I am sitting next to my dad watching the news, I hear him say on the phone: ‘Let my building burn,justice needs to be served, put those officers in jail.’”
    Islam later said, “Life is more valuable than anything else. We can rebuild a building. But we cannot give this man back to his family.”

Powerful stuff there shock

The restaurant is Gandhi Mahal. It was damaged Thursday night.

Attachments:
    1. 7y7t6171wp151.jpg

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>
    The same city that changed the name of a historic lake to an unpronounceable word because the old name hurt someones feelings. I cant stay far enough away from that city.

Bde Maka Ska was the original name of the lake. Unpronounceable? Do you also have issues saying Shakopee, Mille Lacs, Kabetogama, Menahga, Winnibigoshish, Nemadji? PLUS 100000

Or do you just prefer racist slave owners?

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>
    The same city that changed the name of a historic lake to an unpronounceable word because the old name hurt someones feelings. I cant stay far enough away from that city.

Bde Maka Ska was the original name of the lake. Unpronounceable? Do you also have issues saying Shakopee, Mille Lacs, Kabetogama, Menahga, Winnibigoshish, Nemadji?

Or do you just prefer racist slave owners?

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

I guarantee everytime cops do something like this people will riot! Right or wrong the justice system is broken ! Think for a minute had there been no video ? This has got to stop! Cops need to to be held to a higher standard . How many videos do you see of white guys being treated that way ? When the 4 cops are arrested and charged will be a start. This has been going on far to long in our country the riots are a symptom of the problem ! Add to the mix, outside agitators coming and and instigating the arson and looting ! How many are from radical groups white supremacist and anarchist ??

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Don I have nothing against a racist slave owner that I never met. I also don’t hold it against the Irish for leaving Ireland. I really don’t have anything against anybody that wanted the name changed on Lake Calhoun. I do however take exception that I can’t get anybody to change the name of the Mississippi River to Brians river because I think it sounds better. smirk

Did you know Minnesota was once known as Wisconsin Territory, lets change that name also.

Heres a novel idea for all the oppressed in the whole world. Don’t lose the wars. Elect competent leaders who don’t rape your own country.

My forefathers fought and died for this country. It’s a dis-service to them to cave into every group that thinks they deserve something special since they are / were oppressed. While I feel sorry for their situation I certainly don’t feel obligated to change things to be PC.

Oh, and to show you how stupid I am, for many years I thought lake Calhoun was named after a early railroad owner. doah

Reef W

Don I have nothing against a racist slave owner that I never met.

Because you never met him?

Fish To Escape

Came across this article. Fascinating and scary stuff about evidence of foreign governments, Russia specifically, stoking the fires of protests.

Why the 2020 Election Will Be A Mess Part II: Beyond Russian Disinformation

Beast

Think they were invited, or are they all staying at a Best Western?
    I have allot of friends and in-laws in MN, funny how they condemned this administration, yet not one refused the stimulus check an want the feds clean up a mess that the local government should of handled before it started.

Viewing 30 posts - 241 through 270 (of 569 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.