Dang

• munchy
    NULL

I watch Live PD all the time and don’t see a double standard.

Agreed. The majority of arrests on COPS I see are white meth-heads.

Fish To Escape

A quote from a buddy of mine who is a national guardsmen. “It isn’t our mission to shoot or harm people for property damage or arson, we are there to protect people, not buildings.”

Edit: he is a guardsman, was not there last night

Ripjiggen

And that is why there will be more looting and fires tonight. If the police are not there to protect property and either are the national guard who is supposed to stop them. The property owners? Oh wait the one that tried that is now in jail.

Fish To Escape

Terrible situation but with how widespread the craziness is and how many people are involved I don’t know how you stop any of it

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

A quote from a buddy of mine who is a national guardsmen. “It isn’t our mission to shoot or harm people for property damage or arson, we are there to protect people, not buildings.”

If that is true they should turn around and go home. Unless they are willing and allowed to use force to protect property then it over

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

So you don’t think the 8 pm curfew will stop the problems.

And that is why there will be more looting and fires tonight. If the police are not there to protect property and either are the national guard who is supposed to stop them. The property owners? Oh wait the one that tried that is now in jail.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

This sounds right. I think they are there to keep them out of residential areas. My dad was on a duty like this in the 70’s, their job was keep it contained and away from populated areas.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Yeah I don’t think most people, especially if some of the comments on here are any indication, have much of a clue about how our military works. It’s not like Seal Team Six is being sent in to Minneapolis.

disco bobber

I bet there is a good chance that quite a few conservation officers are in the cities this weekend.

Ripjiggen

So you don’t think the 8 pm curfew will stop the problems.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

I guess we will see.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I bet there is a good chance that quite a few conservation officers are in the cities this weekend.

I believe the DNR put on their twitter account that they’d be helping support the efforts in the cities.

Bob Ford
    West Side Mille Lacs Lake

Most of the DNR officers in Itasca county left last night for the Cities.

Fish To Escape

Just to throw out a little positivity, I did see a lot of videos of people (all ethnicities) out cleaning up the damage around the metro today. My uneducated guess would be those are the people that actually live in those areas

Beast

In my opinion criminal live matter should be held accountable for the damages, they were the start in whipping up the crowd, If it was my business, I wouldn’t rebuild if burnt out, and what about the people that live in that area that depend on those places for jobs or services, I feel criminal lives matter did more harm than good.

Fish To Escape

Aaaaaaaaaaand 13 minutes of positivity. Do you have anything behind saying BLM started the riots? I haven’t seen anything

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

They can convict and jail the cop.
    They can burn Mpls to the ground.

All it accomplishes is a traffic jam on I-94 as folks head home to Chicago. There will be dead rioters as property owners defend their property.

It will never even out no matter how many die.

Common sense has left the building and now the battle begins.

Coletrain27

Yes they mentioned Dnr many times today at the 10:30 meeting on the television

Beast

BLM leading the peaceful protest shutting down the interstate hwy, last I looked that was breaking the law.You, cant’s say black, that’s racist, instigating riot and burning is also unlawful, early in this thread, someone said it’s people, those breaking the law were the criminals. so now I don’t know what to call them, unlawful citizens?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

They can convict and jail the cop.
    They can burn Mpls to the ground.

Please don’t burn me to the ground.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

early in this thread, someone said it’s people, those breaking the law were the criminals. so now I don’t know what to call them, unlawful citizens?

Try trash.

blackbay
    mn

FWIW the Governor and the National Guard guy (Colonel?) both threw Mayor Frey under the bus HARD. The Gov stated he wouldn’t have had to step in if the city would have handled it, and the NG said they had no direction or mission and weren’t asked to do anything until well after dark.

Gotta believe the Mayor is one and done and the police chief goes too, especially if tonight gets out of hand again.

B-man

FWIW the Governor and the National Guard guy (Colonel?) both threw Mayor Frey under the bus HARD. The Gov stated he wouldn’t have had to step in if the city would have handled it, and the NG said they had no direction or mission and weren’t asked to do anything until well after dark.

Gotta believe the Mayor is one and done and the police chief goes too, especially if tonight gets out of hand again.

Tonight will be fine.

The curfew goes into affect shortly roll

blackbay
    mn

Tonight will be fine.

The curfew goes into affect shortly roll

Welcome to the Purge.

Deuces

As the IDO official Northside Mpls resident, thought id do a quick check in here. Not gonna read past posts here so apologize if this has been covered.

It was very apparent to us residents city leadership was failing epically. Some people would crawl thru glass for some, I frankly would for Walz. $hit will be handled as best it can from here on out. With that said,

Many cars are starting to speed up and down our city streets this evening, many without license plates, all with young adults in them flying thru stop signs and stop lights as if they were merely to yield. My local gas station burned last night, our local market got hit, cell shop, every single convenience store and liquor store, too many to name. Some looted, some just broke windows, others in ashes. And this is the good part of town.

Saw 30 or so sheriff’s looking to be from out of county coming down 100 in unison on my way back from fleet farm getting ammunition for a shotgun I haven’t shot in years, and never thought I would.

Have the shovel and garbage bags in the truck ready to go to help with cleanup tomorrow morning. Spent part of today helping businesses board up broken windows, or non broken ones in hopes they don’t. One guy said the store across street got broken into first night, boarded up and next night rebroken into and looted some more.

When you have a large segment of bleeding heart liberals stating over and over in community forums these lootings are justified I just don’t know what to expect for this weekend.

Do this citidiot a favor tonight, pray for the national guard, pray for our officers, pray for the sheriff’s, state troopers, any other LEO that is being brought in to protect my city this weekend. It’s gonna burn.

blank

Major General Jensen, the Adjutant General for the MN Army National Guard.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Good luck beads, I have some confidence walz will handle it better than the mayors did. There will be some conflict tonight, just depends how much. Hopefully no deaths.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Good info Mr. Beads, and great for you and others to be helping out folks in the area. Walz retired from the National Guard so hopefully that experience will help he and their leadership work together effectively to get through this.

Ripjiggen

Looks like the curfew is working… whistling

Beast

It will come a time these rioters better bring their own body bags, people will only take so much and once it starts it will be hard to stop.

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 569 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.