Dang

• B-man

It’s a cultural thing, not a black thing. Plenty of chitty white, mexican, asian and mixed people too.

I feel a lot of it comes down to how the people were raised. They were taught that police are bad. That’s something you can’t really un-teach.

Ice Cap

I seen a number of hijabs around Target as well. All races and cultures were represented. So now it seems if you try to open a business you are arrested and fined. But you can burn and loot one with impunity.

Strange times indeed.

Reef W

and where was Black lives matter when someone of color kills a white person

At rallies with other members of the community.

Not only did Damond’s friends and neighbors attend Thursday’s rally, but members of Black Lives Matter Twin Cities and the Minneapolis NAACP participated as well.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/07/21/justine-damond-rally-minneapolis-police-shooting/499726001/

The same people who protested Philando Castile’s death protested Justine Damond’s: https://www.instagram.com/p/BW1KiVClAn3/?utm_source=ig_embed

Evidently it takes a day for Antifa and BLM to coordinate and get to the place to loot.

Here’s somebody holding a BLM sign stopping another person from entering to loot: https://www.tiktok.com/@thinkandcapture/video/6831815130402065669

Agree 100%. It was a PEOPLE EVENT, to say otherwise is ridiculous.

This is correct. There’s been several mentions of “the black community” and “other communities” but “the community” protesting isn’t racially divided. It’s just all the people who are sick of the police continually killing people they shouldn’t have. This level of anger isn’t solely because of George Floyd, it’s anger that has risen after each incident and reached a boiling point because of the frequency of it happening and how clear cut the video was.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

This is correct. There’s been several mentions of “the black community” and “other communities” but “the community” protesting isn’t racially divided. It’s just all the people who are sick of the police continually killing people they shouldn’t have. This level of anger isn’t solely because of George Floyd, it’s anger that has risen after each incident and reached a boiling point because of the frequency of it happening and how clear cut the video was.
    [/quote]

Ok we all understand why people are pissed, still why is it time to go rob a store and destroy stuff. How does this help change anything and how is it even making any statement towards there “Cause”?

Reef W

Ok we all understand why people are pissed, still why is it time to go rob a store and destroy stuff. How does this help change anything and how is it even making any statement towards there “Cause”?

There wasn’t some central organization directing all the actions of everybody yesterday. A lot of looters might not even have a cause, they are taking advantage of the situation. You can’t paint with such a broad brush when it was a huge gathering of angry people with their own ideas and motivations. When some protesters threw things other protesters told them to stop. When some protesters broke into businesses other protesters told them to stop.

B-man

My Dad just built a brand new house right next to Menard’s in W. St. Paul.

They just boarded Menard’s up, and he said there’s cops everywhere

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Maplewood Mall, White Bear Costco, N St Paul Target, Oakdale and Woodbury businesses getting looted and prepping for being looted.

Meanwhile I’m stuck at the U of M hospital hoping I can get home when my shift is done and be with my family. Sure hope the uncontrollable stuff doesn’t spread that far out….National guard mobilized finally.

B-man

It’s good to see that all of these people picked up some groceries and can have a nice sit down dinner with their family tonight.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

It’s beyond stupid for every MPLS City Official, the FBI, Police Department, etc to hold pointless press conferences. Charge and arrest the cops involved, THEN hold your press conferences. Standing at a mic talking about an “expedited investigation” is only dumping fuel on the fire. Until the cops involved are behind bars, MPLS and the greater Twin Cities area is going to have nothing but issues.

Ice Cap

The mayor saying this is 400 years of black frustration and oppression boiling over! What a tool to say something like that. Is he so far detached and intellectually void of coherent thought that he thinks black people are so stupid they don’t realize when they are being pandered to?? Oh yeah and it’s time to declare racism a national health emergency! What mindless nit wit said that today I forget. Nothing but trying to deflect blame to people that existed 400 years ago. The stupidity is monumental. This country didn’t even exist 400 years ago.

How on earth do these people get elected to the positions they are in and be so incredibly shallow thinking? These officials just need to shut the pie hole because all they are doing is stoking the fires with there ridiculous pandering and insulting comments. Damn I’m glad I don’t pay taxes and live in that political cess pool.

B-man

Download an app to listen to St. Paul police and fire SCANNER

IT’S FRICKEN CRAZY

Napa is on fire, police cars are being destroyed, looting everywhere, vehicles being shot at, etc

Things will never be the same after tonight

I hope the NG moves in and starts shooting

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20200528-1802192.png

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Meanwhile I’m stuck at the U of M hospital hoping I can get home when my shift is done and be with my family. Sure hope the uncontrollable stuff doesn’t spread that far out….National guard mobilized finally.

Stay safe Mahto! I got a text from the hospital I’m at in downtown St. Paul to avoid parking in certain parking lots for upcoming shifts due to “civil unrest”. Joy!

Jensen

To all those near this be safe from the idiots doing this.

blackbay
    mn

What year is it again? 1968?

Dan
    Southeast MN

I hope the NG moves in and starts shooting

That’s awful stupid to say.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

My Dad just built a brand new house right next to Menard’s in W. St. Paul.

They just boarded Menard’s up, and he said there’s cops everywhere

I was at the old signal hills shopping center this afternoon. West St. Paul police made the rounds telling the store owners that the “trouble” was coming, so they knew. From what I understand a short time after I left a few cars showed up and did a smash & grab at Footlocker.

Coletrain27

Listening to the St. Paul police and fire scanner right now. Sounds like a complete war zone!

Fish To Escape

Here is the video that was referenced of the guy going around breaking windows. Certainly strange and more than a little suspicious. It seems to me that if there were paid rioters or whatever (watch jon Oliver’s episode on astroturfing, crazy stuff) they would be paid by a group or entity that wants to make BLM look bad. This definitely isn’t helping any cause or movement from minority communities

B-man

Starting to be more shots fired and drive by shootings

Multiple buildings are burning

God Bless all of the emergency responders, it’s going to be a long night

Ice Cap

BLM needs no help in looking bad they are doing a fine job on their own. Looks staged to me. Like the Chinese woman being videoed in one of the big box stores touching and rubbing her hands all over every lap top and camera on display back when Covid first came around. Things often are not as they seem especially in this click bait world.

Fish To Escape

So somebody on the protesters side of things staged this to make it look like somebody on the other side tried to incite the riots to make the protesters look bad therefore making people believe the riots weren’t associated with the protesters?

Seems like there could be a simpler answer. I have no idea who or what is happening in the video. Just seems strange to say the least

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

As mentioned, water cannons, pepper spray, rubber bullets.

Red, yellow, black or white if they are destroying property or attacking police let them have it and let the courts sort it out. I have no sympathy for what happens tonight. Don’t want to get caught up in it, don’t be there.

Beast

The mayor saying this is 400 years of black frustration and oppression boiling over! What a tool to say something like that. Is he so far detached and intellectually void of coherent thought that he thinks black people are so stupid they don’t realize when they are being pandered to?? Oh yeah and it’s time to declare racism a national health emergency! What mindless nit wit said that today I forget. Nothing but trying to deflect blame to people that existed 400 years ago. The stupidity is monumental. This country didn’t even exist 400 years ago.

How on earth do these people get elected to the positions they are in and be so incredibly shallow thinking? These officials just need to shut the pie hole because all they are doing is stoking the fires with there ridiculous pandering and insulting comments. Damn I’m glad I don’t pay taxes and live in that political cess pool.

I thought he gave one hell of a acting job, should be a sho-in for the minority and I understand their plight crowds vote.the fake tears were a nice touch.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They closed up several Cub Foods in the surrounding first ring suburbs early tonight as a precaution. I drove past the one in Plymouth off Rockford & 169 and they barricaded the doors with pallets and shopping carts as of 6pm.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ice Cap wrote:</div>

I thought he gave one hell of a acting job, should be a sho-in for the minority and I understand their plight crowds vote.the fake tears were a nice touch.

I won’t say he was acting but he goes back and forth on issues faster than a switch hitter.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I just can’t I believe this crap. Humans should never act like this. Obviously. Everyone please be careful and stay safe. Praying for you folks anywhere near by the chaos. 🙏🙏🙏

Fish To Escape

They closed up several Cub Foods in the surrounding first ring suburbs early tonight as a precaution. I drove past the one in Plymouth off Rockford & 169 and they barricaded the doors with pallets and shopping carts as of 6pm.

Target closed 14ish locations as well

eyeguy507
    SE MN

No need to rush this case and spend even more taxpayer money. Put all 4 of the cops in an all black prison and check back in a day.

How stupid is Derek Chauvin or any MPLS cop to risk anything that could go wrong in such a controlled environment, especially with cell phones rolling after all the un wanted attention this precinct has gotten over the years?

The arrogance of kneeling with his hands in his pockets like look at me guys, this is how to control a criminal.

It’s unfortunate that it had come to this but I wonder if the message will get through this time? Peaceful protests don’t amount to much change and rioting is a way to get the attention they crave. I feel for all the small business owners who had nothing to do with this and will probably never recover financially from it. All because of one bad decision.

Beast

No need to rush this case and spend even more taxpayer money. Put all 4 of the cops in an all black prison and check back in a day.

How stupid is Derek Chauvin or any MPLS cop to risk anything that could go wrong in such a controlled environment, especially with cell phones rolling after all the un wanted attention this precinct has gotten over the years?

The arrogance of kneeling with his hands in his pockets like look at me guys, this is how to control a criminal.

It’s unfortunate that it had come to this but I wonder if the message will get through this time? Peaceful protests don’t amount to much change and rioting is a way to get the attention they crave. I feel for all the small business owners who had nothing to do with this and will probably never recover financially from it. All because of one bad decision.

do I understand you right, you condone the riots and looting?

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 569 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.