Dang

• Beast

I believe people need to quit looking for a crutch to justify their actions and take responsibility for themselves. Life is hard, it’s what you make of it, not everyone skips down the yellow brick road.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Government programs are currently helping a TON of Americans, such as citizens out of work and small businesses affected by the pandemic. Is that what you’re talking about?

Drizzy Musky
    Duluth

He doesn’t know what he is talking about.

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

Government programs are currently helping a TON of Americans, such as citizens out of work and small businesses affected by the pandemic.

This is off topic, but I gotta say a resounding NO to this. The government is the REASON why so many people are out of work and why small businesses are going belly up. The government forced you to stop working and close down your business and then gave you some made up money on the backs of tax payers to compensate for forcibly closing down your business.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Yes! We finally merged the riot/protest topic with the government hoax/overreach topic! We did it!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Yes! We finally merged the riot/protest topic with the government hoax/overreach topic! We did it!

Simply amazing isn’t it. coffee

Beast

I got a question, when is a peaceful deemed not peaceful? point being, If you are ordered to disperse and are breaking a curfew and you refuse.at that point are you now combative? where is the line drawn?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The line is drawn at the curfew hour. Prior to that time you are a peaceful protester. After curfew you are a lawbreaker subject to arrest and a fine.

The police and guard have used restraint when it comes to the curfew. They are warning people and giving them about a 1/2 hour before arresting anybody.

B-man

So other than standing around and not being at work, what are these protesters getting done?

What are they trying to accomplish?

Just to have the other officers arrested?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

You’re a smart guy. You should be able to figure that out.

Coletrain27

So other than standing around and not being at work, what are these protesters getting done?

Didn’t you say your daughter was on that bridge? Ask her ???

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>

Didn’t you say your daughter was on that bridge? Ask her ???

That was Nicks daughter. B-Man has boys.

walleyevision

Here’s a little story that may clue you in on what they are trying to accomplish. The coach of the Chargers (LA/SanDiego) got pulled over for going over the speed limit. You know what the first thing the cop said to him when he approached his car? He asked “you ever spent time in prison?”

That’s the reason. The complete lack of human decency that cops show African Americans in this country. I could get pulled over every day for the rest of my life and I guarantee that I would never be asked a question like that.

Coletrain27

Here’s a little story that may clue you in on what they are trying to accomplish. The coach of the Chargers (LA/SanDiego) got pulled over for going over the speed limit. You know what the first thing the cop said to him when he approached his car? He asked “you ever spent time in prison?”

That’s the reason. The complete lack of human decency that cops show African Americans in this country. I could get pulled over every day for the rest of my life and I guarantee that I would never be asked a question like that.

When did this happen?

walleyevision

Eliminate all the government programs in this state and a lot of the problems are gone! People aren’t fleeing here for the weather. Think about it!

I sure hope you never have to go on unemployment. The last two months I’ve been on it and it has helped me keep my family above water.

Never thought I would be in this situation, but am so grateful that the government can help me out.

Gitchi Gummi

I got a question, when is a peaceful deemed not peaceful? point being, If you are ordered to disperse and are breaking a curfew and you refuse.at that point are you now combative? where is the line drawn?

It blows my mind people are focusing on protesters breaking curfew while at the same time refusing to acknowledge that a police officer MURDERED an unarmed, defenseless black man for absolutely no reason. How the protest upsets you more than the senseless murder by law enforcement really shows what is wrong with this country.

You do realize that if the police did not senselessly murder an innocent black man, there would be no protests, right? Like you understand that concept? Stop the racial injustice, then the protest problem fixes itself. Let’s not let the buggy get ahead of the horse here

walleyevision

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>walleyevision wrote:</div>

When did this happen?

It doesn’t matter when it happened, there is no excuse for it.

Beast

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Beast wrote:</div>

It blows my mind people are focusing on protesters breaking curfew while at the same time refusing to acknowledge that a police officer MURDERED an unarmed, defenseless black man for absolutely no reason. How the protest upsets you more than the senseless murder by law enforcement really shows what is wrong with this country.

Give it a rest, Everyone around the world knows that doesn’t live in a cave.

Coletrain27

When did this happen?

[/quote]

So this happened year’s ago and they are rioting about it now? applause

Coletrain27

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Beast wrote:</div>

You do realize that if the police did not senselessly murder an innocent black man, there would be no protests, right? Like you understand that concept? Stop the racial injustice, then the protest problem fixes itself. Let’s not let the buggy get ahead of the horse here

You do realize if he just got in the police vehicle there would be no protest, right?

B-man

I obviously understand the hope and need for change, but what [real] good does standing around and bitching about it do?

Media coverage isn’t going to fix crap.

Why not join the force and make a real change?

Why not run for an elected position and try to revamp the system?

Why not promote stronger psychiatric evaluations to weed out bad cops before they kill a person in custody?

As the old saying goes, if you want something done right, do it yourself.

I don’t think being a LEO is the easiest or most thankful of jobs, but somebody has to do it. We need some of these people to join the ranks and show some compassion instead of the anger they’re portraying.

I also recommend (to people of all races), if you don’t want to have the police called on you, don’t break the law. It works amazingly well.

If you find yourself being placed under arrest (whether it’s justified or not), resist the urge to resist. It NEVER works out for you……Listen to the officer and take your day in court.

99.999% of cops won’t kill you……but 99.999% of cops will disable you, spray you, tase you, or shoot you if you resist. It’s their job to uphold the law, and human nature to protect themselves.

If you don’t like it, move to a country like Mexico, Brazil or Venezuela. I hear it’s much nicer there.

walleyevision

When did this happen?

So this happened year’s ago and they are rioting about it now? applause
    [/quote]

Holy Hanna, don’t be dense. It is an example of what people of color have to deal with from the police. There are thousands of stories just like the coach’s experience, and they are still happening.

For the record, the coach said “it happened not too long ago” in a recent interview. But like I said, timing doesn’t matter

Coletrain27

Maybe the Fentanyl and meth in his system made his brain not make the best decisions.

Not saying what the cops did was right but there was poor choices on the other side also

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

No, had he not been murdered there would be no protests.

But, they have also charged the officer. He will face the jury, be convicted and jailed. The protesters then demanded that Freeman be replaced. Walz gives the case to Ellison and Freeman is out. That wasn’t good enough. Now they want the case taken away from Ellison. Oh well, it is what it is.

Heres the deal and it’s really really simple and shouldn’t be hard to understand. People, any people have a right in this country to protest anything. As long as those protest follow the laws they have that right. When the protesters violate those laws they become law breakers and subject to any and all penalties.

Not hard, follow the law all is good. Break the law go to jail.

Again, the protests are completely legal. Anybody not liking it can run for office and change the laws.

The handful of guys here that just want to argue are wasting everybody’s time. The law is crystal clear.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

“Heres the deal and it’s really really simple and shouldn’t be hard to understand. People, any people have a right in this country to protest anything. As long as those protest follow the laws they have that right. When the protesters violate those laws they become law breakers and subject to any and all penalties.

Not hard, follow the law all is good. Break the law go to jail.”

Unfortunately that’s not the case. Many examples of peaceful protestors being harassed, arrested and physically hurt in the last few weeks.

Fish To Escape

No, had he not been murdered there would be no protests.

But, they have also charged the officer. He will face the jury, be convicted and jailed. The protesters then demanded that Freeman be replaced. Walz gives the case to Ellison and Freeman is out. That wasn’t good enough. Now they want the case taken away from Ellison. Oh well, it is what it is.

Heres the deal and it’s really really simple and shouldn’t be hard to understand. People, any people have a right in this country to protest anything. As long as those protest follow the laws they have that right. When the protesters violate those laws they become law breakers and subject to any and all penalties.

Not hard, follow the law all is good. Break the law go to jail.

Again, the protests are completely legal. Anybody not liking it can run for office and change the laws.

The handful of guys here that just want to argue are wasting everybody’s time. The law is crystal clear.

Just to be clear then Dutch, what are your thoughts on the peaceful protesters being tear gassed, including a couple priests from the church, 30 minutes before curfew so the president could take a picture in front of the church?

Angler II

“Heres the deal and it’s really really simple and shouldn’t be hard to understand. People, any people have a right in this country to protest anything. As long as those protest follow the laws they have that right. When the protesters violate those laws they become law breakers and subject to any and all penalties.

Not hard, follow the law all is good. Break the law go to jail.”

Unfortunately that’s not the case. Many examples of peaceful protestors being harassed, arrested and physically hurt in the last few weeks.

4 police officers were shot last night from protestors.

Pretty soon there won’t be policeman and women to protect anyone.

There’s good and bad in every group, every business, every region, every race etc.

Viewing 30 posts - 451 through 480 (of 569 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.