Dang

• wkw

Anybody seen Ilhan Omar during all of this ? ….asking for a friend

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

She was out and about yesterday afternoon on tv.

blank

Yes. You can report to your friend that she had a highly emotional plea yesterday afternoon to stop causing violent rioting and burning of businesses. I think it was on channel 5 KSTP.

vern
    Richfield, MN

Yeah, she hates all police & says the National Guard is terrorizing the community. She’s also pro-Antifa. Read her Twitter.

Fish To Escape

She is pro-anti-fascism? So she is anti-fascism? Are you anti-anti-fascism? Is that pro-fascism? Confusing

eyeguy507
    SE MN

is BK out of town? this sure has turned into a political pi$$ing match.
    I’ll get this out of the way before it disappears. Donny T is quite possibly the worst PR spokesman in the history of the US…..eventually he will run out of places to lay blame?????? Probably ready to unleash those dogs tho

Beast

I don’t know much about your Mayors over there, Is the Minneapolis mayor a fairy’s riding unicorns kinda guy? seeing him on the news he either a good actor of he gets his feelings hurt easy.

haleysgold
    SE MN

I don’t know much about your Mayors over there, Is the Minneapolis mayor a fairy’s riding unicorns kinda guy? seeing him on the news he either a good actor of he gets his feelings hurt easy.

Yes he is. Totally inept for the job. He’s had over 2 years to right the ship and hasn’t even made an attempt to bail a bucket.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

She is pro-anti-fascism? So she is anti-fascism? Are you anti-anti-fascism? Is that pro-fascism? Confusing

The self named antifa is a misnomer.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That was awesome when they surrounded the protestors at Bobby & Steve’s last night. Every one of those people knew that a curfew was in effect at 8pm and they still stayed out there and got arrested. Great life choices amongst those people, now with a misdemeanor charge on their record…during a pandemic too. I hope this sends a message to anyone that tries to continue to be or go out there at night to start trouble. Finally some law and order around here. Unfortunately it was several nights too late.

Dan
    Southeast MN

That tactical enveloping was executed to a T and fun to watch. From what I’ve seen it went much better in the Twin Cities than some other major metros last night.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Regardless of the reasons how does everyone feel about their country losing control!? There’s never going to be an awakening to this event and its only going to get worse. It was fun while it lasted……

blank

No idea, James. And who cares if it was? There were still tons of people willing to show up and help organize it for the common good.

Is it possible for you to not find something to nitpick and criticize?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

The local news has been calling them anarchists. That seems like an accurate description. They support anarchy.
    “a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.”

This must get better or its going to get a lot worse.

Fish To Escape

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Fish To Escape wrote:</div>

The local news has been calling them anarchists. That seems like an accurate description. They support anarchy.
    “a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.”

This must get better or its going to get a lot worse.

Saw two separate interviews yesterday, one was two members of a group called boojihadeen and the other was a member of a group supporting something called the boogaloo movement. I had never heard of anything like that before the last couple days. Apparently they are organized groups that have some white nationalist undertones but primarily are interested in starting anarchy leading to a civil war (insane). Reading about it online is fascinating, sad, and scary all at the same time. They started on 4chan and now primarily organize via Facebook. The boojahideen folks on the news were geared up like they were going to Iraq and said they were there to “protect” the protesters. Strange stuff

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Fish To Escape wrote:</div>

What all these anarchists need to understand is that they will never achieve anything until they elect a strong central leader and form an organization with a hierarchy and strict rules.

Until anarchists get organized, they’ll never get anything done.

Grouse

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Or they may just start a riot ??

Ice Cap

The anarchist are better organized than you think. Walz commented they are organized like a military faction. Not sure why he’d be surprised by that. It’s common knowledge these groups are well funded and trained. That’s how all these riots get started across the country almost simultaneously.
    People in Oklahoma don’t just start rioting over something that happened in Minneapolis. Somebody has to come in who knows how this works to get things started and then it’s fun and games for the locals to join in.

All that gear you see them decked out in isn’t cheap to come by. Besides that they have enough funding to bail those out who get arrested almost immediately so they can get back in the fray. Every time this happens they gain more experience and knowledge and they gain in numbers.

One day this will evolve into a real shooting war. The only surprise is it hasn’t happened yet.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Or they may just start a riot ??

That should be a leadership decision that is only made after formal discussions of the central counsel.

Unless you have firm centralized control what do you have?

Grouse

Fish To Escape

True. This is 100% supposition on my part but it seems to me that what we are seeing is the result of a lot of small groups having the same or similar goals. White supremacy groups wanting to make protesters look bad, anarchist groups (antifa, boogaloo, boojihadeen) wanting anarchy, etc. I doubt they are coordinating with each other but they all want the same thing

jwellsy

The violence will subside. But, the issue will never be resolved. Liberation theology will live on and not allow it’s core message to be extinguished.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

All those years we watched it happen on TV far away in foreign lands. Now its here. Im both depressed and ashamed it was allowed to go this far. They used to be able to keep an handle on it. The anarchists do not speak for the majority so in my mind they are losers.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

If I don’t agree with you about everything, does that make you a loser too?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Regardless of the reasons how does everyone feel about their country losing control!? There’s never going to be an awakening to this event and its only going to get worse. It was fun while it lasted……

Not the first time this has happened. Sure wont be the last. Seems to be about a 25 to 30 year span between the burnings. Been through 2 for me. This is number 3 for my folks. Not much gets accomplished by it.

disco bobber

I am going to keep an eye on things. I think late summer/fall as the election nears may be pretty ugly. At some point I may call the investment people and move to safe investments. I almost have the money back that I lost on the Covid downturn.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

Not the first time this has happened. Sure wont be the last. Seems to be about a 25 to 30 year span between the burnings. Been through 2 for me. This is number 3 for my folks. Not much gets accomplished by it.

I hope you are right. When its happening it seems like no end in sight but they all have come to an end.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

I just finished watching the ESPN OJ Made in America documentary. They covered the Rodney King King riots after the cops were found not guilty (hard to believe after seeing the video again). Cops sat back a couple blocks and let it go down, including the beating of that trucker guy. Eventually they brought in the national guard. This seems to be playing out the same way…before the trial.

Viewing 30 posts - 361 through 390 (of 569 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.