Dang

• Reef W

funny how they condemned this administration, yet not one refused the stimulus check

Should we assume you voluntarily paid more taxes than required after ARRA or that you supported the Obama administration? Or was that just funny too?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I thought the Obama administration was very funny. The guy cracked me up. grin

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Enough of this nonsense. Call in the f’n military police like they did in LA during the Rodney King riots and remove everyone off the streets after 8pm.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Enough of this nonsense. Call in the f’n military police like they did in LA during the Rodney King riots and remove everyone off the streets after 8pm.

Well that wouldn’t be very nice. Can’t we just offer $500 each if they promise to be inside and off the streets by 8? Or maybe offer up a Best Buy Store they can have.

Coletrain27

Agreed

Beast

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>James Bystrom wrote:</div>
    funny how they condemned this administration, yet not one refused the stimulus check

Should we assume you voluntarily paid more taxes than required after ARRA or that you supported the Obama administration? Or was that just funny too?

Matter a fact I did support Obama, the first time, then I realized that was a mistake on my part.I don’t vote straight party lines, I vote for the candidate that I think has the best interest in my state, or country.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

I ran into a guardsman in Nisswa a half hour ago. He said he was heading to the Cities. I thanked him. He said ‘it is what it is. We’ll figure it out.” Hope so. It’s been a mess.

munchy
    NULL

With the State Fair canceled and all the non-social distancing going on, the Pronto Pup guy and Sweet Martha should have set up a stand on Lake Street. They’d make a fortune!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Rochester is supposedly under a curfew. No travel or foot traffic. Certainly not being abided by in our neighborhood. Nor is social distancing. Neighbors have quite the bash happening right now.

Beast

twin cities going better than I thought it would so far, Mayor of Hudson is calling for Wis guard this evening,said they had a report of between 70,00-75000 agitators coming from Kansas city,Chicago, Gerry Indiana, and Ohio heading to the twin cities.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

75,000? laughable.

Beast

75,000? laughable.

maybe, but that’s allot of cities to draw from, I seen a copy of the letter the mayor sent to the governor.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’m sure you did.

You have any idea how many vehicles it would take to move 75,000 people? Chicago & Milwaukee also have there thing going on tonight.

folke2000

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bfishn wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>disco bobber wrote:</div>
    When you are out and about in an area with an elevated police presence you are going to have more contact with them, simple as that

The first call received by police leading to the death of George Floyd was received at 8:01 p.m.

Right, and do remember that they were responding to a 911 call for service as he was suspected of passing a forged item.

munchy
    NULL

Rochester is supposedly under a curfew. No travel or foot traffic. Certainly not being abided by in our neighborhood. Nor is social distancing. Neighbors have quite the bash happening right now.

Its only Downtown Rochester.

Attachments:
    1. 101003681_2601283360109720_2677261107978043392_n.png

munchy
    NULL

I’m sure you did.

You have any idea how many vehicles it would take to move 75,000 people? Chicago & Milwaukee also have there thing going on tonight.

It would take 1,364 Greyhound busses, 9,375 8-passenger vans, or 15,000 5-passengers cars.

That’d be like a 25 mile long convoy!

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

With the State Fair canceled and all the non-social distancing going on, the Pronto Pup guy and Sweet Martha should have set up a stand on Lake Street. They’d make a fortune!

They would have just been burned down. They burn places down. Then complain about the situation they put themselves in. Hopefully this larger show of force helps, hopefully the Intel will keep up if they start moving further out into the suburbs should be an interesting week, and then we will get to see the spike in covid patients that were protesting. Awesome. Stay safe everyone.

blackbay
    mn

Anyone else wonder when/if business owners who were burned out or looted on Friday night, will sue the State or City of Minneapolis. The difference from last night and tonight is a stark difference in enforcement and destruction. I know that’s a stretch, and hind sight is 20/20, but it seems like if authorities would have taken a hard stance on anarchy sooner we’d be ahead of where we are now. It’s not like these groups of anarchist/antifa/black bloc are new. They have been known to be causing chaos for years. They are domestic terrorists and have overshadowed the legitimate protests of the death of a man in police custody.

Deuces

Local library sitting good for now.

One group of Klan/racist MFs drove thru but kept driving.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20200531_003420841.jpg

Beast

Local library sitting good for now.

One group of Klan/racist MFs drove thru but kept driving.

No place for the Klan in today’s society, how did you know they were Klan, point hats? Black Lives Matters started out as a good idea,but the aftermath and violence that seems to follow them, I’m thinking they are the new Black Klan

Beast

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>
    I’m sure you did.

It would take 1,364 Greyhound busses, 9,375 8-passenger vans, or 15,000 5-passengers cars.

That’d be like a 25 mile long convoy!

I reread the copy of the letter this AM, those are the numbers on it, either he was in total panic and pulled those numbers out of the air, or it was a misprint and he was looking at 7,000-7,500 people. I haven’t heard if anything even happened in Hudson last night.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Not to worry, you were the only one who even thought 75,000 was a possible number.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Ring up Saturday night as a win for the city & state. Whatever plan the cops & National Guard had seemed to have worked. Now the test becomes can they win Sunday night or will the scum counter their efforts?

munchy
    NULL

Now the test becomes can they win Sunday night or will the scum counter their efforts?

Naww they all have to get home for work in the morning. It’ll be like opener, a whole line of cars heading east on 94 and south on 35. jester

Ice Cap

It’s of my opinion they will wait for trump to come in, they will let him have blood on his hands.

If anyone has blood on their hands in this it will be the anarchist and the fool cop who started this. This situation has nothing to do with George Floyd anymore than the destruction of the economy has to do with a virus. As always the law abiding citizen is a pawn caught in the middle and the one who will ultimately pay the biggest price.

So far Trump is the only one who seems to know what it takes to deal with this. The only one who seems to be willing to get his hands dirty and yes bloody in the process. If these anarchist aren’t dealt with the way they need to be dealt with the next riot will be more destructive and more violent. They are waging war against this country. The death of a black man by a white cop is just the vehicle they use to wage their war.

War gets ugly and people die on both sides but in the end there’s resolution one way or the other. For now Trump seems to be willing to let the states governments illustrate and parade their weakness and willingness to let their cities burn in the face of anarchy preceded by their calculated decision to destroy their own economies at the expense of their citizens. He may be hoping the citizens choose more wisely who they want to represent them going forward but I doubt the lesson will take hold.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

“So far Trump is the only one who seems to know what it takes to deal with this”. You forget windmills give you cancer , there were good people on both sides, this is the new Democratic Hoax , ” I take zero responsibility ” These are all things trump has said ?? How can anyone take him seriously ? For sure not me.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

???

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20200531-090959.png

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I do think there is an organized group or groups of outsiders that start this when the sun goes down. They’re bent on rioting and violence and when they’re able to get a spark going, everyone else just kind of “joins in” and it escalates quickly, outnumbering law enforcement. So the strategy last night was to beef up authorities and disperse every group of people so that the spark can’t occur. I think it was pretty effective but the question now is how many nights will this need to happen before it will end? Days, weeks?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I do think there is an organized group or groups of outsiders that start this when the sun goes down. They’re bent on rioting and violence and when they’re able to get a spark going, everyone else just kind of “joins in” and it escalates quickly, outnumbering law enforcement. So the strategy last night was to beef up authorities and disperse every group of people so that the spark can’t occur. I think it was pretty effective but the question now is how many nights will this need to happen before it will end? Days, weeks?

This is true but they also are getting a chance to round up the leadership of the professional rioters. In essence they are chopping off the head of the snake. Sooner or later the locals grow bored and it becomes the few trouble makers vs the cops. Cops win. Also by rioting in Chicago & Milwaukee the force of the trouble makers is divided.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>
    Now the test becomes can they win Sunday night or will the scum counter their efforts?

Naww they all have to get home for work in the morning. It’ll be like opener, a whole line of cars heading east on 94 and south on 35. jester

I am not sure if this is sarcasm but hardly any of these rioters are returning to work monday. this is almost a perfect storm with so many people out of work, cheap gas prices and you are encouraged to wear a mask. many of these thugs are kids done with school too. it may have come to an end in MPLS but I bet there will be fires breaking out all over the country this week.

Viewing 30 posts - 271 through 300 (of 569 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.