Grouse

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>
    yep…way over rated weather forecasting……. always crying Dry Slot…… doah

There. I fixed that for you.

Grouse

rotflol rotflol

hey iowaboy……I found that bear thread rotflol rotflol you still haven’t answered my question about what those iowegien pheasants might do to you. and no, its still 57….year I was born hasnt changed to my knowledge!!!! waytogo

Bob Ford
    West Side Mille Lacs Lake

Around 6″ was predicted in the Grand Rapids area. South of town we got well over 10″

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Around 6″ was predicted in the Grand Rapids area. South of town we got well over 10″

oh great……..it’ll be the 4th of july before we can get back into the cabin.

I was in rapids on Wednesday, snuck over to the cabin area to check things out. someone piled a good 7 ft bank in the trail/road that leads down to the cabin.

I also noticed there was deer activity along the wood edges, but very few places where the deer tried crossing the roads duet o the banks!!!!!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

So you’re claiming you were victimized by the Wet Slot?

Help me. I can’t stop myself.

Grouse

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Dry Slot is that the area between sips of Libation? We ended up with barely 3 inches.

munchy
    NULL

We got about 5″ here but what griped me was the constant reporting that some weather phenomenon was going to deliver all sorts of freezing drizzle with up to 1″ of ice on top of the snow over night. I blew the snow at 5:30 this morning and found no ice on it. No wind either.

I had about a half inch of ice on top of the 6 inches of snow here on the SW side of Roch. Windy as H€LL here as well.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Sheldon,
    Any chance you have a shovel and are in they area? I want to go fishing this morning because I don’t think my liver can handle another day like yesterday. doah

eelpoutguy………..you stranded???????? devil rotflol rotflol

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eelpoutguy wrote:</div>
    Sheldon,
    Any chance you have a shovel and are in they area? I want to go fishing this morning because I don’t think my liver can handle another day like yesterday. doah

Just dig out and made my way to church whistling

Attachments:
    1. 20200118_130749.jpg

Deuces

So the less inches there is the drier the slot? doah

EPG that looks like a good spot to pull into for a lil bit toast

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eelpoutguy wrote:</div>
    Sheldon,

Just dig out and made my way to church whistling

rotflol rotflol waytogo Father Corona doing the service?????

roger

The twin city newscasters are all drama queens! Kind of a funny joke!!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Think he ain’t? rotflol

I even will contribute to the collection plate.

Attachments:
    1. 20200118_150630.jpg

2. 20200118_143732.jpg

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Dry slot??? isnt that what KY is for??

Sheldon Sheldon Sheldon – somehow I think if you ever do run for president that some of these post on this site may come into play

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

We ended with a full 6″ of snow and a glazing of ice overnight on the river between Lake City and Wabasha. Most of the forecasts had us around 6″ for about 48 hours before the storm. It’s hard to complain with the predictions. They also had the timing dead on for the start here.

I watch the European weather models and pay attention only to the NWS forecasts and they nailed it for us. Steer clear of the nightly crime updates (aka news) and forecasts are very accurate most times.

Iowaboy1

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>iowaboy1 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>iowaboy1 wrote:</div>

Sheldon Sheldon Sheldon – somehow I think if you ever do run for president that some of these post on this site may come into play

bring it on !! I have no problems admitting my faults,if I did it,I will say heck ya I did that and I learned from it !!
    thats what scares the sh!t out of most people today is when someone is honest.

and,,,,if people cant handle honesty,they can go suck an egg.
    shoot,now I suppose I have to explain what that means.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

The weather models are way more accurate than they were even 5 years ago. I think they do a fantastic job. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve taken the boat out at 8am and knowing that I’d get a good trip in before the storm was to arrive at 2:15 and not 11:45.

I got about 8″ in Royalton, and it blew like nuts. We were supposed to get 6-9″ and have it blow like nuts.

Would you rather the state be over prepared or underprepared? It seems like a handful of people on here are upset that were were slightly over prepared.

Dan
    Southeast MN

The weather models are way more accurate than they were even 5 years ago. I think they do a fantastic job. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve taken the boat out at 8am and knowing that I’d get a good trip in before the storm was to arrive at 2:15 and not 11:45.
    I got about 8″ in Royalton, and it blew like nuts. We were supposed to get 6-9″ and have it blow like nuts.

Would you rather the state be over prepared or underprepared? It seems like a handful of people on here are upset that were were slightly over prepared.

One of the best posts out of a 3-page thread.

B-man

I think it was brought up on this thread already, but don’t watch the news…..

Read the storm warnings and watches put out by NOAA.

They don’t sensationalize the weather.

If they say your county is going to get 5-8″ and 40 mph gusts…..that’s usually what will happen.

KwickStick
    At the intersection of Pools 6 & 7

My theory; follow the money.

Storm coming = birds flock to bird feeders

Threat of storm = people flock to grocery stores

Ever notice the grocery store commercials packed into the news/weather/sports?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Church ? At Riverside..

You caught that! waytogo From there to Manhattan. They have this peanut butter whiskey there. grin

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

EPG that looks like a good spot to pull into for a lil bit

Agreed. It’s the pulling out that’s an issue with the dry slot. shock

Viewing 22 posts - 61 through 82 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.