Daiwa tatula zero adjust knob

• mrpike1973

So I bought a Tatula 100 today with the Zero adjust knob tried to figure out how to adjust it says to start at 20 on brake side with this I had a huge backlash. Adjusted the zero tension knob got a little better but I’m not seeing the advantage tried to find a video how to adjust the zero knob says tighten until spool side to side goes away. All I find is how great it is but nothing showing how to adjust the zero adjust back to where it should be as far as I’m concerned my thumb is better than anything else so far thanks

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I generally move it until the spool stops moving side to side then slightly back it off. as far as the 0-20 side goes i would start a little closer to 12-15 and move it from there. Personally I do keep mine looser.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

The 0-20 side will need to be adjusted some depending on what the style and weight of the lure is. I don’t seem to need to adjust the other side too much.

mrpike1973

Thanks guys! Just for clarity on this I will backlash if I don’t thumb it on the end of the cast? I casted a 1/2 ounce weight and it seemed to overrun quite a bit even at 20 I will continue to work on this tomorrow fishing for grass trout. It said factory set sorry not quite buying that.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I still thumb mine at the very end, I think. It’s been a while.

blank

You probably need to tighten down the fine spool tension on the opposite side, the small knob under the star drag. Once you get it pretty good with the spool tensioner, you can adjust the zero adjuster based on the lure you’re using. Tuning a Tatula isn’t any different than any other baitcaster with magnetic brakes.

This video (although not a Tatula) is decent at describing how to tune a baitcaster.

https://youtu.be/khPYbQEd3dE?t=61″

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

You probably need to tighten down the fine spool tension on the opposite side, the small knob under the star drag. Once you get it pretty good with the spool tensioner, you can adjust the zero adjuster based on the lure you’re using. Tuning a Tatula isn’t any different than any other baitcaster with magnetic brakes.

This video (although not a Tatula) is decent at describing how to tune a baitcaster.

https://youtu.be/khPYbQEd3dE?t=61

This. Hold the rod straight out and open the bail. Tighten the tension knob until the lure you’re using just barely falls. The breaking system help break your spool when your lure starts slowing down after the cast.

blank

For the record, I have had a Tatula 150 and the last couple of years and I love using it. Easy casting (after tuning spool tension), great casting distance with the TWS, smooth retrieval, and nice drag. I’d buy another.

Unfortunately I went to cast once and must not have full pressed the bail button all the way and it stopped mid cast and damaged the gears a little. Thankfully it was under warranty and I was able to get it fixed from Daiwa with no more than a weeks turn around time. Happened one other time last year but no damage that I could tell.

FryDog62

I have a Tatula 100, Elite and SV TW… My method is to adjust the tension to let the lure drop from the tip of the rod slowly but not a crawl – a little looser than that. I set on about 12 and after making a few casts probably get down to maybe 10-11. On an SV spool I get down to about 8 which I find best for light lures and skipping.

Either way I keep things on the looser side which requires me to use my thumb to feather the cast and stop the lure a short distance before it hits the water. This way I get maximum distance and/or I don’t have to cast as hard to hit my target. Casting hard against tension that is even a little too tight leads to backlashes.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Denny O
    Central IOWA

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mrpike1973 wrote:</div>
    I bought a Tatula 100 today

Unemployment must be going well for you and your wife! Sounds nice!

Nice! Well good for you 2! flame

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Mr. Pike. I have fished with Daiwa baitcasters for years. It kind of sounds like an issue I had with the old red Daiwa Fuego’s. The problem was the part that the magnets need for breaking on the inductor had broken loose so on some casts it was totally free spool without breaks. Backlash city. I had to superglue the part back in place and then the reels worked as they should.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.