Custom Tuned up Rods

• Dan Baker

I picked up my first TUCR rod this year. I talked to them at the ice fishing show, and they were awesome. I worked with Adam. I mostly fish for panfish in the metro, but I make it up north a few times a year looking for walleye. Adam recommended the Precision rod for being able to hit for walleye, and still have the sensitivity for panfish. I have been really pleased with it so far, and their customer service has been awesome. I didn’t want to get a multifunction rod that would be ok for multiple things, but not great for either, as I’m hoping to get a more panfish specific rod from them next season.

Dan

KP
    Hudson, WI

Not to hijack the post but I’m about to order the Precision Rod and I’m wondering if anyone has any reviews on it they could share? I’m mostly going to be using it for Walleyes and perch.

Dan Baker

I just bought mine at the beginning of the season. I have been really impressed. It has a faster tip than other medium action rods I have handled, so it actually works well for panfish. But it also has a very stout backbone, so you feel totally confident in its ability to bring in serious size. Also, it is incredibly light.

Nicholas Carter
    Saint Cloud, Minnesota

I love TUCR. Before you order it, I want you to know that shipping will take awhile. I ordered mine on December 18th and still have yet to receive any shipping info yet. I’m not trying to bash them or anything, great rods. But from my understanding is that they are a little behind schedule.

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

X2 I ordered 2 rods Dec 12th still no confirmation on shipping.

I love TUCR. Before you order it, I want you to know that shipping will take awhile. I ordered mine on December 18th and still have yet to receive any shipping info yet. I’m not trying to bash them or anything, great rods. But from my understanding is that they are a little behind schedule.

wetsleeves
    Iowa

X2 I ordered 2 rods Dec 12th still no confirmation on shipping.

Patience boys, should be very soon I ordered Dec. 9 and got it yesterday. You should hear something soon.

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

I just got back from Devil’s Lake and had my bullwhip out for first time. It was great for light bites as well as for walleye out there. Good back bone and handled decent walleye 15-20 inch no problem.

Great product that handles small tungsten to buckshot to rippin rap.

Trent Leesch
    Albert Lea, MN

I ordered my Bullwhip on December 10th and got it today. They’re catching up after the Christmas rush. It’ll definitely be worth the wait. In the mean time I picked up a Precision Noodle from Rochester Scheels so no wait time. I like the Bullwhip for the bigger crappies and gills. It’ll handle smaller walleye but the Precision Power is probably the go to for Walleye and Pike. Tight Lines!

Aaron Zeuli

Thanks for the responses…what lengths do people like for fishing inside shacks vs outside?

Trent Leesch
    Albert Lea, MN

I have both my Bullwhip and Precision in 32 inch. Works great outside and in the shack.

Tonka
    Minnesota

I have a 32″ Bullwhip, a 28″ Thorne Bros quiverstick with tripwire, and a 28″ Thorne Bros panfish sweetheart with tripwire, making the two TB rods around 31 inches. All three of the rods are fine to fish with inside my Otter XT Pro Cabin, but I wouldn’t go longer than 32″. Good luck

renegadewalleye

I have several tuc rods and love them. I have the noodle,bullwhip,quicktip,precision, and power percision all 32inch. I use the noodle and bullwhip for bluegills and perch on quick tip just for perch the the 2 precision for walleye. I had a friend catch a 44inch northern on a bullwhip when he was fishing for blue gills.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.