Custom Ice Rod Racks for Home or Ice Shanty

• Kevin Yopp

If you find yourself with more and more ice rods, you might want to consider a custom ice rod rack to store and proudly display them all. Here is one I just built for myself – a ten (10) rod wall-mount rack made of oak.

Rod holes are lined with dense felt tape to protect your favorite rods and guides.

I can build and ship a rack to your specifications. You choose:
    – Wall-mount or floor-mount (includes feet)
    – Number of spaces for rods
    – Species of wood (oak, cedar, pine, whatever)
    – Color of stain, or maybe no stain

I can usually build and stain these in a couple or three days, depending on other orders. Each is priced based on customization, but last year these ran from around $60 to $100, plus actual shipping costs which usually ran from $10 – $17. Or you can pick up in Grand Rapids, MN. I can also ship these to you in parts for lower shipping costs, and you simply screw them together with supplied screws (8).

I built and shipped around 20 of these last year, and had lots of good comments and commendations. I guarantee satisfaction.

PM me with any questions you might have …

Attachments:
    1. oak-rack.1-1.jpg

2. oak-rack-detail-1.jpg

3. oak-rack-1.jpg

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Very nice!

Can ask how the cross bars are attached to the sides? Screws? Pocket Screws? Dowels? Other joinery? I can’t tell from the picture!

Thanks!

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

What do you have the holes lined with? Is that felt?

Kevin Yopp

Phil – I use pocket holes to join the pieces, two at each joint.

Kevin Yopp

Tuma … it is a heavy-duty felt tape lining the holes.

Thx.

Kevin

Kevin Yopp

Here is the first customer’s rod rack finished this season … 8-holer in Cedar. Shipping it to Anoka this week.

Attachments:
    1. Lukes-Rack.jpg

Kevin Yopp

Here’s one that was just installed in an Ice Castle … 5 rod unit made to fit within 14.5 inch width. Looks pretty good loaded up …

Attachments:
    1. 26512934_10215163967282511_906270063_o.jpg

Steven Liimatta

Here’s one that was just installed in an Ice Castle … 5 rod unit made to fit within 14.5 inch width. Looks pretty good loaded up …

Hi Kevin, you made me a 10 rod rack that is for my home. I have shared pictures with you. My son just bought an Ice Castle and this is exactly what I am looking for. Could you give me a quote for 2 and a time frame. Can it be made from Cedar?

Thanks,
    Steve

Kevin Yopp

Hello Steve … hope your rack is working out for you. I would be glad to do a couple for your son. Looks like you want two that each hold five rods, in cedar, designed to fit 14.5” width. Would $100 for both, shipping included, work? I could get these shipped by the end of this coming week. Let me know by end of Sunday if you want them shipped by Friday of next week.

Also let me know if any staining is desired. I believe the one shown above had a natural stain which darkens only the dark colors to enhance the grain, plus a couple coats of poly gloss for some shine and protection.

Thanks for asking …

Kevin Yopp

Steve … looks like you may not be in any rush to get the racks done … so to answer your question about timing, it takes three or four days to do a pair of racks, depending on my schedule. Let me know if you are interested … thanks.

John Ripka

Hi Kevin, if you are still creating these ice rod racks, I’d be interested in a couple. I have a question first. How wide would 6 rod and 12 rod racks be? I’m trying to visualize the size and where I would end up mounting them. As long as I’m asking, what would your pricing be on oak and cedar versions.?

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.