Custom Fillet Knife

• Walleye Hungry

Hey all,

I am looking to get my cousin an engraved, nice looking fillet knife for his wedding coming up this fall. We currently have many of the wood handled rapala ones but always struggle/fight to get the sharpest one in the pile. This would be something that he can call his own so i want something that looks really good (preferably wood handled, not plastic). So far I have only been able to find one decent company (or looks decent from there site http://www.mnfilletknife.com). Does anyone have any other suggestions? Target price would be up to 100 max so i understand that is hard to work with.

Thanks in advance!
    -WalleyeHungry

Iowaboy1

http://www.customcutlery.com/

this is the company that makes the leech lake knife,they will also make any knife to order with the color of handle you like.
    they build custom hunting,kitchen,filet knives etc.

I have had them build a couple of knives for me and I was very happy with them.
    when the knife gets dull,send it to them with return postage enclosed and they will sharpen it for free and send it back to you.
    they are in Marengo Iowa

Arlyn Sieck

Reeds in walker minn. had them . About a hundred bucks if I remember. I have had mine since 1988.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

this is the company that makes the leech lake knife,they will also make any knife to order with the color of handle you like.

when the knife gets dull,send it to them with return postage enclosed and they will sharpen it for free and send it back to you.
    they are in Marengo Iowa

I just sent them an email to see if they would build me a 7″ deer antler fillet knife.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Jim from custom cutlery just sent me an email (at 7pm – already a feather in his cap) and said no problem, just might take a while.
    I said no worries, no hurries. I’m excited!

Iowaboy1

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>iowaboy1 wrote:</div>

they are in Marengo Iowa

I just sent them an email to see if they would build me a 7″ deer antler fillet knife.

that would be slick !! post if they will as I have several shed’s that would make fantastic handles for something like that.
    I would about bet you will have to provide the antler,is that what you were thinking EPG?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Jim said no problem and didn’t say anything about me supplying the antler, but he could use one of these.
    Might be a little top heavy though. rotflol

Attachments:
    1. Moose-antler.jpg

Iowaboy1

Jim said no problem and didn’t say anything about me supplying the antler, but he could use one of these.
    Might be a little top heavy though. rotflol

rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol
    I like the way you think !

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Huntindave wrote:</div>
    I have had one of these for over twenty years.leech lake knife

X2! great knives!!!!!!!!! i have 2 of each, long and short one!!!!!!!

How much do they run?

I bought mine at the ice show years ago from reeds and the small ones were right around 70 bucks, the longer ones were about 85 at the time.

Aryln is right there about a 100 bucks, I remember going thru the scheels in Sioux falls and they wanted 120 bucks!!!! doah

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I want to follow up with there worth every penny IMO!!!!!!!!!

Iowaboy1

I forgot to add what I paid for my leech lake knife,100 bucks.
    I bought it at scenic byway baits in pennington Mn,I had looked at one there when I stopped in but didnt buy it then.
    I had them mail it to me, that cost an additional eight bucks but it was still way cheaper than what they were around here.

I will echo what others have said about it,worth every penny !
    the two knives I bought directly from custom cutlery are of the same quality but at a lower price as they dont have the fancy sharpening on the backside of the blade.

Iowaboy1

welcome aboard Jim !!!
    yes,I saw that and was wondering about that as they have the look a like on their front page.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Huntindave wrote:</div>
    I have had one of these for over twenty years.leech lake knife

X2! great knives!!!!!!!!! i have 2 of each, long and short one!!!!!!!

How much do they run?

Actually it has probably been closer to thirty years ago when I bought mine. I bought it at the sports show in the UNIdome in Cedar Falls. Don Channey was still alive and he sold me my knife from his booth at the show. I think I paid around $60.00 at the time.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

http://www.muskymystique.com/knives.html
    Plinks
    Pete makes cool knives and custom leather sheathes, does good work, looks cool; in the Hayward, WI, area.

I have one of these. Very cool(unique) looking filet knife and sheath but I havent used it enough to comment on the steel. He sells at Musky Fest every year. June 23-25, 2017

Jim Plowman

We do have a retail store in Amana IA. Both of our buildings in Marengo are production and shipping so it is only by chance to catch us with finished products here that are not committed to an order.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.