Current discussion on Electric Augers

• Bigwalleye30
    MN

Has anyone tried the Ion with the 10″ bit?

JoeMX1825
    MN

it works fine, obviously you’ll get less holes drilled with a 10″ bit… make sure to lift up the auger 3/4 down the hole to remove the ice shavings, it makes it drill better in deeper holes…

Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

Sly, I just got mine after Christmas. I wondered, too, about the reverse feature. But, just this week, while drilling out a couple of old holes, I found I was getting hung up. I assume it was due to the old hole not being vertical like it was supposed to. Or it could have been unequal freezing as it sat unused. But by popping the reverse, I backed out like a pro! Just passing on the info. Everyone probably knew this already! Keep drilling!

Tom Wilson
    walker mn

I purchased an Ion early this season. I used it early to check ice and it was decent for that. I then got a 10″ bit,,,,,,, didn’t even get all the way thru the first hole and I knew why they don’t sell the auger with the 10. It would bind and stick. there is not enough power to turn the larger bit. Cut maybe 3 holes with and it had to go. Very disappointing. If you are looking to buy the ion to use with a 10″ bit don’t do it. It cost me $150 to find this out.

plumbum75

I would not suggest reopening old holes with the Ion. it will cost you sooner or later. It likes to snap one of the blades in half. It has happened to me twice since I’ve owned it.

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.