River Rat Tourney

• pdl
    Bayport/St. Croix/Otsego/Grand Rapids

Anyone heard results yet? Weigh in was 3p.m.

Ingy

Apparently Dude Hale messed(edited) em up! Don’t know any details.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Both Turk and Scott’s boats brought in some very big fish. Great job guys, they had a good game plan and it produced for them. Our game plan didn’t work out as well as we would have liked (it didn’t produce at all) so we went to plan B then plan C, and finally we had to improvise and found something to pick up a few fish at the end of the day. My partner and I finished 10th or 11th which I was happy with given our dismal start. It was a good time and I plan on trying again next year.

walleyedaddy
    MN

Scott took 1st with almost 21 lbs & 2nd for big fish. Turk took 2nd place with just over 16 & won big walleye with a beauty just under 8 lbs. -6 limits weighed in.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Congrats to Scott and Turk both with some very impressive Croix bags of fish. Great fun tournament

Row on the left is big fish, Row in the middle is stringer weight, Row on the right is big ugly fish, 2nd picture is Onestout and myself’s bag-o-fish

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Nice work Jesse. Any advice on what is working now with the rising water? Is it still a trolling bite?

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Trolling for us was very good yesterday, we were able to locate a few schools of very active fish in isolated areas at a depth of 18-24 FOW, we would get 1-2 fish per pass when trolling through these pods of fish. Of course we had to sort through our share of 12-14″ saugers which had I known you could weigh would have went in the livewell Finding the rite color at the rite time of day also played key, #5 shad raps were the top producers with no 1 color outshining the another. The high water flowing at 60-63 degrees has the fish putting on the feed bag My neighbor had an impressive 19 1/2″ sauger that hey weighed and brought over to be cleaned. He pulled it out of 8 FOW trolling, that was his only fish of the day but a darn nice Croix sauger.

muskychaser
    Prescott, Wi

Jessie nice to meet you yestarday, my son and I had a blast fishing the tourney we will be there again. see you on the water

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

Jessie nice to meet you yestarday, my son and I had a blast fishing the tourney we will be there again. see you on the water

Nice to meet you as well. See ya on the water

has
    Hudson, WI

Congrats to Dude on a awesome bag of fish!! Thanks to Turk for catching a 8 pounder and taking big fish honors allowing us to slide into Second Place!

All our fish were caught trolling Cranks in 16-22′ of water. Both Leadcore and 3-Ways took all our fish. Current is really starting to move, had to use 5-6oz 3-way weights just to stay down.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Quote:

Trolling for us was very good yesterday, we were able to locate a few schools of very active fish in isolated areas at a depth of 18-24 FOW, we would get 1-2 fish per pass when trolling through these pods of fish. Of course we had to sort through our share of 12-14″ saugers which had I known you could weigh would have went in the livewell Finding the rite color at the rite time of day also played key, #5 shad raps were the top producers with no 1 color outshining the another. The high water flowing at 60-63 degrees has the fish putting on the feed bag My neighbor had an impressive 19 1/2″ sauger that hey weighed and brought over to be cleaned. He pulled it out of 8 FOW trolling, that was his only fish of the day but a darn nice Croix sauger.

Thanks for the tips Jesse. I tried trolling a couple hours with no luck. I marked what appeared to be a good number of fish, but just couldn’t get them to bite. Also tried fishing for crappies a bit. First pass down river yielded 3 fish 9-11 inches long. 4 more passes only yielded on 1 small one, a white bass and a sheepshead. Sure was a nice day to be out fishing yesterday though.

sfh450
    Hudson

Was Scott fishing alone??

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

He was fishing with my brother – Earl. But from what I was told, he could have fished by himself.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.