Spring Levels…..

• sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Looks like they are predicting the Croix to rise around 8 feet by next Thursday.

St. Croix

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Interesting, wondering how the fishin is

pdl
    Bayport/St. Croix/Otsego/Grand Rapids

Here at Stillwater, the storm sewers were geysering,
    cars were hydroplaning on MN 95. and the Red Horse giant suckers were wearing inlfatable personal flotation devices.
    Oh yeah, word was the mayor rcd an email from the boys
    on the bouy-keeping boats: “Hey, don’t ask us to get involved–that river has no commercial traffic anymore!”

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Interesting, wondering how the fishin is

Fishing was awesome Tuesday and Wednesday. Not sure about now though.

2iceman
    Gem Lake, Minnesota

Anyone out today, just wondering about the water level?

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Not out but the water is starting to come into parking area at lakefront launch. Bring hipboots if launching there. Hope we get that nice fall high water bite we had in ’08.

pdl
    Bayport/St. Croix/Otsego/Grand Rapids

We’re pulling boats today (monday 9/27)at Black Bass Pt. as St. Croix is expected to keep rising through Sunday. Sorry we will have to trailer for a flood bite if one happens like ’08 but Windmill is scheduled to pull the pier 10/01.
    They’ve adjusted it SIX TIMES this season. Guess we’re just going to go for the caution route, even though the forecast is nice all week.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Lakefront launch was closed yesterday. Have to go to Beanies.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Is the river under a no wake yet ?

mnwalleyeangler

Quote:

Lakefront launch was closed yesterday. Have to go to Beanies.

MY buddy works at beanies and said they will most likely close by the end of the week due to the high water. there is suppost to be 6 inches of water in the bait shop by the time it crests

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

holy smokes. i don’t ever remember beanie’s closing.

mnwalleyeangler

Quote:

holy smokes. i don’t ever remember beanie’s closing.

i never do either. dont hold my word to it i just heard it from him. i will get some more info from him a little bit later in the week and let you guys know on the status of beanies

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Probably going no wake tomorrow. (Wed 9/29)

No-wake limit needed on St. Croix due to rising waters
    By Mary Divine
    [email protected]
    Updated: 09/28/2010 11:35:33 AM CDT

Minnesota Department of Natural Resources officials expect the rising St. Croix River to soon reach the level at which the department must impose a speed limit on boat traffic.

The “slow, no-wake” zone is needed to minimize shoreline erosion, said Molly Shodeen, area hydrologist for the DNR.

The restriction, authorized by state rules in Minnesota and Wisconsin, is triggered when the St. Croix reaches 83 feet at Stillwater. Officials said this morning that is expected to happen by noon Wednesday; the river was at 81.7 feet at 8 a.m. today.

Wisconsin, Minnesota and National Park Service officials will post signs today regarding the slow, no-wake requirement at all public accesses on the St. Croix.

The rule will remain in effect until the water level drops below 83 feet; the river is expected to reach 85.9 feet at Stillwater on Sunday, Shodeen said.

Boaters still should exercise caution because of the high erosion potential and danger of floating debris, Shodeen said.

Boaters should also consult the National Weather Service Website for the latest updates on current and projected water levels: water.weather.gov/ahps/

Mary Divine can be reached at 651-228-5443.

mnwalleyeangler

Just got off the phone with my buddy so here it goes. as of toda they were emptying the bait shop out preparing for the flood.as for the ramp im pretty sure it is still open but it is even with the parking lot. i will let you guys know more info tonight as it was breif because he was busy moving stuff!!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Absolutely unbelievable!!! I drove to Eau Claire yesterday and Mankato today and saw flooding I never thought I would see this time of year.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Eau Claire and Mankato huh?? Sounds more like a Scheels run than work related!

mnwalleyeangler

here is a picture of beanies my buddy took this morning. sorry for the quality it was taken from his phone!

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

No turnaround there!

mnwalleyeangler

my buddy just told me the launch was closed!!!!!!

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

82.9 again! Do I hear 83??? Say it ain’t so!

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

I was out for a bit yesterday. Water is high, and there is debris of all sizes ( tree size ) all over.

Very hard to hold position and get a bait on the bottom.

I would take it slow if you go out.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

winterized boat this weekend. good luck fellas. where did all the freaking water come from??

sandmannd

Quote:

I was out for a bit yesterday. Water is high, and there is debris of all sizes ( tree size ) all over.

Very hard to hold position and get a bait on the bottom.

I would take it slow if you go out.

It’s very swift and lots of garbage in the water. I had to go to a bigger weight and it paid off. Can’t stay as vertical as I would like bit it was affective. Handlining helped put fish in the boat.

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

The debris was the most I’ve seen in a long time, reminded me of when the kinni threw up this year. I’m planning on going out Weds afternoon, thinking I may get the down riggers wet?

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

Phew! 82.88. Looks like I can blow some gas out of the old girl after all tomorrow afternoon.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Leaving in 2 hours, any current reports on the conditions?

Still lots of debris in the water?

We were anticipating dragging some lead around.

Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

The lead line bite will not last very much longer. Jigging will start to dominate water temp is 48 degrees.

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

Thanks Turk. On the water in less than an hour! Hail Czech’s Mate if anyone is out and wants to say hi, I’ll have the ears on.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Fishing or wind surfing?

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

Quote:

Fishing or wind surfing?

I think I would have done better wind surfing. Seriously it wasn’t too bad weather wise, but fishing was really slow. Everything from down rigging to live bait to jigs from Prescott to the Kinni. One really large mud puppy.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.