St.Croix Cat Forum Needed

• bennyj
    sunrise mn

7/17-7/19

I am no cat expert but we had some luck.

Thur. it was cold yes windy and cold
    4 cat night
    fri.
    2 cat night
    sat.
    1 cat night
    The biggest was 37 pounds and the smallest 6 pounds or so. Didn’t weigh the small one.
    It was fun here are some pics. Sorry, Big Hunter next time.
    We will go out and hit it one night here in august. I promise you are the first up. Oh bring your new cat rod again, gotta break that thing in.

Thanks to Steve D. he always has great tips.

TC River Fan when are you gonna be ready to come on out?

We also caught a bunch full of walleyes. But it was alot of work.

tomconnors
    Wyoming, MN

Quote:

7/17-7/19

I am no cat expert but we had some luck.

Based on your pictures from last year and your first trip out this year, I’m looking forward to my first trip!

Good luck in the Taylors Falls Cat Fishing Tourny on Saturday!

TC

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I don’t know if you guys know this…but this IS the St Croix Cat Forum!

We’ve just been out numbered with walleye and bass guys for a few years.

Great looking photos of some very nice cats! Love the smiles and….without Gloves!!

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

WOW!! Nice fish guys – you picked a tough weekend weather wise with the wind and cool temps and you did pretty good. I got skunked Friday and Saturday nights south of you guys – too many campers and rowdy campsites, lots of fireworks. Between the weather and the noise the fish just shut down.

cshunt1
    Eagan, MN

we had a damn good weekend! it was a lot of fun.

at least we got you and ur bro some practice so you can slam em at that tournament next weekend!

joke of the weekend: ‘im gonna break this pole!’ ‘just keep reeling you p***y!!!!’

sat nite would have been more productive if we didnt have rookies on the list… oh well, still fun to watch em! the one that snapped the barrel swivel wouldda been a monster for sure.

yeah anyone else have luck with the eyes last weekend? 95% of the ones we caught were shorties… the few eaters we did catch were tasty tho.

the smallie bite was on too! everything other than what i was throwing was getting smacked!!! i couldnt catch one to save my life… but if you need a sheephead, im your man!

all in all it was a great weekend, cant wait for the next river trip!

sfh450
    Hudson

I picked up some smoked catfish down in Prairie du Chien last weekend. Probably the best eating smoked fish I’ve ever had. I don’t know why you guys throw them back.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

It wasn’t really catfish…they just can’t sell fish called smoked musky as well.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Seriously Steve,

What you had was likly farm raised channel cat…or at least channel cats.

These larger flatheads have been around too long to be eaten. Not only to help out a trophy fishery, but there was and still is some nasty stuff in the river from the ’70’s.

I eat channel cats and someday will have a flathead too, but who wants to clean a fish at 3 in the morning?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.