Unusual Catch……..

• sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

What’s the most unusual thing you have caught fishing the Croix? I had my share of clams and sticks last weekend. But a friend in our boat had a little surprise when he landed a purse. We were drifting the channel in Hudson when he caught it. There were keys for an Acura, sun glasses, and some misc stuff. He took it home to see if there was any identification in the purse. It looked like it had been in the water a couple seasons.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’d check with Bk. He lost his up there a couple years ago.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Those shifty flatheads already rifled the purse for the cash.

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

That’s the most unique I’ve heard of. I’ve caught a brand new net, casting rod, and a 4 pack (6 pack with 2 missing) of Leinies. Didn’t have the jewels to drink the beer.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

I’d check with Bk. He lost his up there a couple years ago.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

We catch something unusual every year on the Croix. Last year was a swimsuit, this last weekend we caught a baseball cap that had been in there awhile. The material in the middle was largely gone, we could tell it was a hat from the brim and band.

ET

highpockets
    faribault

caught a condom pre fishing for the flw….. i cut my line

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

It wasn’t on the croix, but last summer I caught a muskrat. Mean little critters. When I was little, I caught a lawnchair and on the next cast, I caught a boot. I was a little scared what I might catch next.

andyb
    Farmington, MN

I caught a plastic bag full of turds once in ND. Looked like an insult for fishing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.