Favorite opening day presentation

• wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

Rigging or jigging!

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

You can’t beat fishing with meat. The bigger the better.

And if that fails, I’ve got a fresh batch of shad raps to lose fishing with lead.

rapalafisherman
    St. mary's point/Bemidji, MN

can’t go wrong with the good ol’ jig and minnow. or if that fails number 7 or 9 floating raps put a few in the boat.

Coffee
    Burnsville, MN

Live bait rigging 1/4-3/8oz barrel sinker 4ft snell with #4 gamagatzu with sm chartruese float bead with sumo crawlers on the river pulling downstream. Phelps floaters on same rig also deadly.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I’ve had more success rigging on opener with crawlers but the leadcore trolling bite I’m starting to figure out more and more each year.

ET

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

If you see a boat anchored off of cat fish bar…swinging a 4 oz sinker with a chunk of shinner or sucker…bring me a beer!

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

after what I just read… …not gonna be fishing that entire area BK, but then again maybe if the fishing is slow I will need to for a good at the guy in the yellow speedo!

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

I’ll start long lining floating Raps up against the wood, then #5 and #7 Shad Raps. If needed I’ll break out the jig & minners or crawlers.

Ferny.

greg716
    Inver Grove Heights

Quote:

If you see a boat anchored off of cat fish bar…swinging a 4 oz sinker with a chunk of shinner or sucker…bring me a beer!

\

If you’re still out there Tuesday morning, I will!!

waleyangler
    woodbury,mn

does anyone bobber fish walleyes on the river around points and structure?was just getting the boat ready for next weekend( not goin out this weekend)and got the lindys rig rods, jigging rods,split shot rods,leadcore rods,line counter rods,fireline rods for crankbaits(dad youst to fish tourneys so we have alot of rods) and rigged up some bobber rods too. i was just wondering because ive bobber fished it for crappies before but never walleyes. ive done it at mille lacs with great success and was trying to bring some of that luck down here. or is there normaly too much current to do it??? my favorite is a lindy rig with a 1/2 oz weight,snap swivel 4- 8 foot flouro leader to either a floating jig or a # 4 gamakatasu octopus hook with either a fathead,leech, or crawler.

thanks for any info.

waleyhuntr51

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.