Wed Bite*******

• quistjim
    Rosemount MN

Just thought I would drop a quick note about today,if anyone is interested. Got on the river this morning around 7am very foggy. Tried fishing a couple of the bars but could not even see the shoreline as a reference point.

We ended up down at Prescott , and started trolling Rap’s
    as it was we ened up with five in the box, they were all nice leagal’s. Everything that was caught today were Sauger’s ,not one Walleye in the bunch.

The fish hit from 10am to noon, then we never caught another, also took some time to run down to Miley’s but nothing there. Water temp was at 54 deg, so it’s gonna happen anyday now I hope I’m off when it does. Good luck out there and keep me posted. Hope to have a Digital cam. before going out next time.

Jim Quist.

dustytoms

Iam going tomarrow to Prescott to drop a line in , any clues for finding Sauger? jig with minnow ? how deep was the water that produced fish ? or was it along the drop off . Any clues will help thanks

quistjim
    Rosemount MN

Did’nt seem to be any definitive ryhm or reason today. Around the 25 ft range . Using Firetiger and Orange colored craw #5 Raps. It was a fast flurry today and then they just quit. Hope that helps a little. Best of Luck.

Jim

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

There is no fish in the St Croix.

dustytoms

Yes, but it is sure nice to go for a boat ride and watch other boats catching nothing for hours

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

There is no fish in the St Croix.

Don’t be discouraged………..they’re in there. Problem is that no one is telling them to come visit you! “Seek and ye shall find”………………

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Jig and minnow in Prescott. Just follow the crowd for the bite.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Shoot! I should have checked this post! I went North today. BUT I have been made a liar! One 17″ sauger and one sauger…well I didn’t measure it. The rap was longer than it.

Now if I could just get my computer to attach to my cell phone…I would have the net access…jez, it’s going to rain Friday!
    If anyone see a Lund heading South and the driver has a clear garbage bag over himself and the computer, wave….it’s me!

Thanks for the Prescott tip!

Brian

Moral: …..Ask and you shall be told Prescott with a jig and minnow. Hmmm guess that’s not how it goes.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

I and 5 other boats were jigging in Prescott last night with minnows. From the high bridge down, we managed a few fish, 2 bass and the rest sheep head. I didn’t see anyone pull up an eye or sauger. Surface temp last night was 56 degrees. With this weather front moving in, hopefully next week the feed bag goes on. So when the bite starts up, what are the favorite techniques/locations used? Do you fish shallower than normal, or stay along the break lines with raps? I have a ton of plastics, but have yet to catch anything on them. See you on the river.

quistjim
    Rosemount MN

I will be on the river next week in full force , as I am off for the week. I am planning a guide trip on pool 2 for Thurs. But plan on hitting the croix in the mean time .

Will start out trolling shad’s and hopefully find the fish then if all goes well, plan on switching to plastic.

Sound’s like the plastic bite has just begun down at the damn in Red Wing,using 5″ K-grubs and 4″ Ring-worms.

I tried them on Wed. and had no luck, but won’t give up untill they do. There is nothing like it when they get started.

Good luck to All
    JQ

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.