St Croix 10-8-03

• dustytoms

last night nice moon on the river below the 94 bridge , On river from 3-8 pm 1 small sauger , saw another boat land stergon 40 inches or so .
    when is the fall bite going to start around the 94 bridge ?

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I was out yesterday, pulling a lindy rig, and either minnows and tried a crawler, nothing on that setup, silver spinner, with a minnow produced a 2 fish, 1- 14 inch smallie, 1 striped bass. Picked up a mooneye drifting a crawler. Missed quite a few bits, the action slim to none, from those I talked to, had about the same results, I suspect a couple that was out trolling picked up a couple smaller eyes or sauger, didn’t seem to be picking up fish when I was around. I also trew a couple different crankbaits, and trolled long lines for a bit, nothing there eiter. That being said I came to 2 conclusions, one it was a beautiful day to be on the water, and if I only ate the things I caught I be a heck of a lot skinnier

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I was out last night. Same as you guys. Nothing.
    Ran to the Miss and tried wing dams. Nothing.
    I think it was one of those days out there.

JBUSCH
    Hastings,MN

I was out last night also Great night for fishing.Put in at the public launch in hastings and went up the croix.I got 8 walleye 4 legal and 1 smally.All the fish were up in
    10-15 feet on sharp dropoffs.Olny got them off 2 different points piching a jig up on the top in 4-6’and pull it back to 20′.I talked to a guy at the launch that caught 3 sturgeon up at the kinni off crawlers all 30-40 inches.
    sounds like fun!

dustytoms

What part of the river were you on ? I am looking to try out of the county park tomarrow pm . any suggestions where to try down there ? Maybe the 15 foot flats south of kinny narrows /

JBUSCH
    Hastings,MN

Dustytoms
    sorry I am just posting back now.I usually drop my boat up at the bluffs and fish the WI shore from prescott to afton.There are a lot of good drops and points next to deeper water.Jigs and spinner rigs w/minnow lateley.But with the wind picking up like it is today I would look for good windblown shoreline to run some raps in.
    Good luck out there and let us know how it goes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.