St Croix report – 10/06

• steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

My wife and I fished the Stillwater-Bayport area this afternoon from 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm. It was an absolutely beautiful day to be on the water. Good breeze from the south, temp 72 degrees, water temp 58 degrees and the fish are biting. Trolled cranks in 10 – 15 feet of water along the windy shore. We picked up 1 walleye (15″), 1 sauger (15.5″), 4 smallies, about 15 nice big white bass. Marking lots of baitfish and we had our best luck in the vicinity of the baitfish. The fall colors are really beautiful right now – we had 7 wild turkeys drinking at the water’s edge as we trolled by. They didn’t even notice us. I would love to have this weather every day of the year – we had a wonderful time.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m a little late in posting, but I was out on the 6th too. Although just north of the Kinni, first green can. Lot’s of action. Not a eye to be found, but the crappies were showing up on the graph…I know because everytime I went through them (18 – 20 feet), I had one on. Went home with 7 for lunch. Always something on the end of the line…except an eye!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Maybe you should try casting more?

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Just back home from a 5 month stint in the Great North Woods. Getting ready to launch an assault on the SCR and appreciate the report!
    Jack

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

I was out last night for a couple of hours, not much to report. Fished from Kinni south, longlined raps, picked up 1 short walleye. Tried lindy rigging with fatheads, nothing but rock bass. Hmmm, cold front coming through this weekend, maybe fishing will pick up?

dustytoms

I was out south of kinni last night, fished from 4-8 , small sauger , 2 nice eyes , they only hit when the moon first appeard on the horizon . 8 feet of water ? lindy rig and orange jig produced results .

has
    Hudson, WI

The jig and sauger bite is really starting to go. Fished with a great group of guys yesterday and managed to catch these fish jigging(green/chartruse jigs) with fatheads in 30-40ft of water. Yesterday was a tough day, the wind was so strong after awhile, with my trolling motor on 10 I was going backwards. So had to bust out the 3-ways, with 8ozs of lead for a dropper, this method managed a couple in the same area but not as well as jigging. We also trolled north of Afton and lost 2 huge fish, probably muskies but the didn’t break us off, o well they fought hard for a while. Also managed some decient saugers, lindy rigging with small sucker minnows.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.