River Rat – Where is the Smack?

• kraigklund
    Hudson, WI

Next Saturday (Sept 22nd) is the anual River Rat fishing tournament put on by Beanies. Cash prizes are awarded for biggest Eye, heaviest stringer and biggest ugliest fish. And all proceeds go to the St. Croix Valley Youth Service Bureau which is an organization with programs that bennefit at risk kids.

Its a great time and a good way spend a late September Saturday on the river. It also provides some lively competition. I will once again be teaming up with Scott “nothin but net” Hale after a one year abscence from the big event. We always seem to put a good stringer together and will once again will leave no horses in the barn in our quest to out run the Big Dawg (aka Turk)and other fishy teams to bring home this years championship.

Good luck all (you’re going to need it) and see you on the water.

Earl and Dude

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Dang it!!! I’ll be in Dallas on the 22nd… there are times when I really hate my job…

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

More info here.

Anyone know of a link to the rules/requirements to this?

Quote:

Cash prizes are awarded for biggest Eye, heaviest stringer and biggest ugliest fish.

Ugliest fish? I could take that title as long as the judges are walleye/bass guys! Of coarse I think catfish and sturgeon are cool fish…as BK would say ‘only a face a mother could love’!

The 22nd is going to be a busy day on the St. Croix!

Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

Earl,

Your partner is obsessed with slow death techniques, this is a run and gun tourny, his patience will be his and your down fall! ha.

By the way I’ll be coaching my Hudson Booster football team for three hours in the morning so if you see my partner driving my boat, I’m not down below in scuba gear…or am I?

Also this is the year I bring back my scimitar.

Turk

kraigklund
    Hudson, WI

Turk, you definitly have your priorties straight. See you on the water.

has
    Hudson, WI

I really don’t think either of you guys have a chance . Turk is right, this is run and run style event, no time to sit and wait for the fish to come to you. This year’s event will be won by someone new. I’m saying, either by myself or Team Johnson/Farr will come home victorious Who knows, maybe a crappie will win biggest uglyest fish again

mille-lacs-guy
    Chaska, MN

The Blumer/Jochum team will be looking to defend its largest stringer title from last year. None of you guys have a chance! Especially Johnson/Farr..

kraigklund
    Hudson, WI

I wouldn’t be so certain that we will employ the statue of Liberty strategy again this year. Although, it did pay off for a victory a couple of years ago. I will leave that part of the deal up to my partner as he always seems to pull a different rabbit out of his hat each year. He finds ’em and I catcth ’em.

shale
    Stillwater, MN

Turk,

Hopefully the only slow death you’ll see on Saturday is Earl making his way up to collect a check.

bigfritzzz
    hudson

you guys better watch it! i might want to add a river rat title to my long list of hamroom victories! hmmmmmmmm, i need a partner. wonder what bigpike mike is up to?
    BIGFRITZZZZ,
    PS. I SAW U TONIGHT TURK!

Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

Mr Fritze,

It wasn’t me I sold my boat and now have a yellow trihull!

Turk

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

So what happned? What are the results of the tourney?????

bigfritzzz
    hudson

ok, i thought that was you Turk…. is that a 75 force on the back? i also am in a new boat. How big of a drift sock will i need to slow down a 42′ gibson?
    fritzzz

Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

AAAhhhh good one!

Don’t even try to fish out of a Gibson the motors so loud (and proud), it scatters the fish all the way to Taylors Falls.

The Force 75 is way better than a Merc 75 by the way.

Turk

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.