Fishing Report 8-14

• Coffee
    Burnsville, MN

Seemed to catch a little bit of everything Thurs evening, fishing between Hudson and Afton. Walleyes, bass, catfish, bluegills, and a trip on the St Croix would never be complete without sheephead.

Did OK on the Walleye, nothing big, but did manage 7 in the 14-16″ range. Kept a couple for the frying pan. All the walleyes were caught Lindy rigging with crawlers in 12-14 ft of water with a 5-6 ft leader.
    Caught a decent 22″ Channel Catish fishing for walleyes.
    Swithed over to the smallies for the last hour before dark, caught 2 and had one nice one break off at the boat, using 2″ Storm Swim Shad. A little action, geat company, no bugs and an incredible sunset made for quite the evening to be on the water. Coffee

shorefisherman
    Prescott, WI

i noticed u said u fished with the “storm swim shad”. i am a very big fan of them and was just wondering how u were fishing them, letting them sink and jiggin them in, or just slowly realing them in or what?

thanks for the report

Coffee
    Burnsville, MN

The Storm Swim Shad comes in a couple of sizes that seem to duplicate the shad in the St Croix.
    the 2″ swim shad is a pretty light weight shad and had a slower sink rate. Tpyically fishing in water less than 6-8 ft., I’ve kep the retrieve in the upper 2-3 ft, with a slow retrieve. In almost every instance, of a hit, the bass seem to just slam these things. The 1st two I caught were literally inhaled. I’ve been wanting to use the larger 3″ Swim shad this fall when the big walleye are roaming the shallows. good luck

shorefisherman
    Prescott, WI

i use them a lot in shallow sand areas on the mississippi and have prollly caught about as many walleye as i have bass. i usually us the 3 in.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.