River

• CroixNymph

Merry Christmas, All I want is the river to be safe. Anybody try it out lately?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Welcome to IDA!

I haven’t been down to check it out…but with this rain…I’m not man enough to go out on a river.

Sure would be nice to get some days below 10 degrees. It would make me feel better..again, I haven’t been out checking any lakes either.

kingcabelas
    Hudson, WI

I went out on Wednesday (got skunked once again) and there was 7″-8″ of ice and guys were out there with ‘wheelers. Hopefully the weather stays cool or gets colder to make some more ice.

stcroixer
    Croix Valley

Anybody know of ramps open to launch? I went through Windmill at 8:30 am and there is about ten feet of ice left. I saw two boats out by catfish bar and wondered how they got out there?
    Be careful, the ten feet that was left looked like slush!

JulieL
    Scandia, MN

The boat launch in Prescott should be open but how far north you can go I’m not sure, haven’t been out for a couple weeks.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

it looks like Beanies may be open. for sure after today and the 40 degrees plus

stcroixer
    Croix Valley

Windmill is lauchable as of 8am this morning, although I do not know if they are open for winter launches. Thanks for the other info guys. Anyone boating on the Croix this weekend?

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I wish I could get out!
    My wife says I have to go to our friends wedding
    They are all pretty much the same but I’ll get out sometime soon!
    Good luck guys

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.