St Croix report 10/10

• brianrock1
    Minnesota

Well another beautiful day on the Croix. I found a good reason to have a windsheild on the boat. Wind + speed= COLD. Finding the walleyes and Saugers in 15 to 18 today. Jig and Minnow is the ticket for the most bites and if thats not working try trolling shad raps also try flipping a jig off the ledges. That pulled the 22incher in today. Overall kinda slow,but always some action on the river. Water temp at 57 degrees and a great day for fishing and just being out in the boat.

Have a great fishing day
    Brian

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I was just talking with Mike the manager at Jimmy’s, we both agreed that you pull fish out of your freezer and make a report on them.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

just noticed the spray-can under the table… anyone else see that?

brianrock1
    Minnesota

OK Ok you guys got me..Except for the spray paint. I had to look close on what color I used. It turn out to be a can of WD-40. No wonder those fish were a little oily. Any one else have any fish pictures I can buy. Im running out.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

I was wondering if that can was used in the boat during the course of catching those fish… you know, as a lubricant to keep your reel working just right

I heard from an ol’timer that he used to spray a bit of that on his minnow once and a while, he said it helped them ‘glide’ through the water better

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.