St Croix report 10/3

• brianrock1
    Minnesota

Just a quick report on St.Croix. What a beautiful day for fishing. If your looking for the walleyes & Saugers look for them in the 15 to 18 fow. The jig and minnow is really working well. If you like to fish for crappie look for docks and most marinas and you will find them in 8 to 12 fow using a fathead minnow with a float. The Croix is really turning on now and it will be getting a lot better.

Good luck and good fishing
    Brian

score92
    WBL, MN

Where is the closest spot to put in on the St. Croix to where you are referring? I have never been on the river fishing, but heard it is very good. Are there any public accesses, or are they all pay luanches? I am coming from WBL.

mr-special
    MPLS

U have Boom Site Landing just north of Stillwater or
    Bayport marnia right in Bayport. it’s a pay launch I think it’s $10 before 8:30am, and $20 after.

brianrock1
    Minnesota

Hey score
    There is a dnr launch known as the boom site. It’s free. Its very shallow be careful. I use Beannies at 94 bridge which is $9.00 mon-thur and $15.00 Fri-Sun. I also use the beach house marina in bayport. They are $10.00 Mon-Thur and $20.00 Fri-Sun or $10.00 if you put in before 9:00 am Both are great marina’s. The fishing on the river is always outstanding. Hope this helps.

Brian

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I was just told the fishing was poor on the Croix…and you showed them wrong again!

Now for the important fish…how’s the catfish doing???

Almost forgot Brian, with the fall Croix bite…I’m going to need some Reef Runners. You guys still running that special?

Maybe I should ask…Do you have any left??

brianrock1
    Minnesota

Hey Brian
    We still have reef runners and yes,we are still running a special. We are keeping them stocked up for guys like you. I will tell you what, I think we have every color you could imagine. As far as the Mr. Whiskers…Well, I hear tale of them still being caught. Some right off catfish point in afton. From the beach right into the deep drop off there. I also here a lot about the sturgeon. Its seems like they must be everywhere. I have people in the shop everyday comming in saying they are catching nice sturgeon, even by accident, While looking for other fish. The river is really on. Get out and enjoy it.

Have a good fish day
    Brian

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.