River Rat Tourny Results

• Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

River Rat 2006 weights (though conducted under a 60’x40’ tarp, amidst tornado warnings) final tally.

This tourney finishes the weigh in and then hits the grill with a brat and burger feed with picnic tables and chairs all around, folks smiling and rubbing shoulders. Then the raffles start. This year was all under a monster tarp and reminded of a great big sogged out camping trip.

Results:

Heaviest Stringer walleye top 10:

Blumer/Jochum 13.45

Gierke/Hankes 10.65

Luett/Perkins 10.35

Team Issac 8.65

Team Hale 7.85

Team Farr 7.61

Philpot/Prendergast 6.9

McCoy/ Durand 6.8

Jaroszeski/Peterson 5.55

Severson 4.75

Heaviest walleye

Jeff Partridge 6.9 pounds

Biggest Ugly Fish

Bob Issac 28-pound Mudcat

See you next year!!!

Turk

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Turk, what there any sturgeon weighed in?

Also, was the walleyes a 5 fish limit…just wondering.

brianrock1
    Minnesota

Brian k

What a great time out there. I was told their was 108 boats registered and they raised $3100.00 for the St. Croix Valley Youth Service. lots of nice looking fished weighed in. No stugeon weighed in, but some really nice looking cats came in. This was a lot of fun and my first time at a River Rat tourney. What a blast. Had a great time and thanks to all the people that help set it up and to Beannies for the giant tarp we sat under from the pouring rain. It was a perfect day of weather right up to the time we hit the dock for weigh-in. Then the skys openned up for the rest of the day.

walzer
    Afton, MN

This was my first River Rat tournament I’ve had the chance to fish in. It was a great time. The weather was perfect, up until 20 minutes before you had to be in. I was fishing with Jeff Partridge and had the good fortune of netting the largest walleye for the day, a 6.9 lb beauty. Unfortunately it was our only walleye for the day, but it turned out to be the right one. I’ll definately be looking forward to fishing this event next year.

walzer
    Afton, MN

It was raining pretty good at the time of the picture, the big white dot on Jeff’s forehead is a raindrop. The fish was successfully released after the picture as well.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Can you tell us what that big boy was caught on?

walzer
    Afton, MN

We were pulling my home made crawler harnesses with 2 oz bottom bouncers in about 20-24 feet of water. I’ve been using the Mac’s smile blades for all of my spinners this year and I really like them alot. They spin at a slower speed and give off a lot more flash than regular spinners.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Pretty nice of you to give that kind of detail. I have been pulling similar lately but not sure of leader length off the BB. What length have you been using successfully? I assume nothing past rod lenght becasue it gets so cumbersome?

walzer
    Afton, MN

All of my leaders are around 4′ in length. That’s the length I’ve had the most success on.

savage_tuna
    Savage, MN

I agree with the spinner rig this summer. Worked it a lot late July through August and did fantastic…mainly Kinni to the 94 bridge. Tie my own rigs as well and found that a SM Dbl tapered float(usually gold) kept more fish coming to the boat. I ran 2.5 to 3oz BB most of the time. Many times found that snell length at 2 or 2.5′ was much better. I seem to find the same during the fall bite when using a crankbait/3way set-up as well.

Tuna

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.