St. Croix report 9/6

• brianrock1
    Minnesota

I was out on the St.Croix and what a beautiful day to be on the water. The 3 walleyes I found were all small 14.5 inches. If I had step on them they would have been keepers too, but Im thinking the dnr might frown upon it. They were in 18 to 22 fow. Spinners with nightcrawler. Found 1 sauger and 1 Mr. whiskers both just a little over 17 inches and they were hidding in 22 to 25 fow on jig and a minnow. Found all of these from bayport to afton. I spent alot of my time looking for what I had found my last trip out. Jumbo perch, Yes Jumbo. Ranged from 10 to 12 inches. I went back to were I found them last time and they were no longer there. Did find the smaller ones. Most people ask me if they had worms and these did not. Over all great time on the water. Just standby the fishing on the Croix is about to turn on.

Good Fishing !

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

When you were telling me about the jumbo perch…I was scratching my head since in 13 years I’ve only caught 1 on the Croix!
    It’s a big river with many places to hide.

Thanks for the report Brian!

If you’ll be out to day, I might see you tonight. My first sturgeon guide trip starts at 7 pm….although if you’re working today, I’ll be seeing you guys for some suckers.

Ps with the cooler weather, what was the boat traffic like??

Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

Leave it to the “new” guy to find the jumbo perch! Nice catch Brian.
    I did have a day when Dave Farr and me caught six each in our differnet boats! ha.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.