St. Croix on OLN

• G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Did anyone see the show this weekend featuring Musky fishing on the Croix? I only caught the first part of it… was taped in early June and they were fishing for Musky just outside the Afton Marina (you could see the green bouys and catfish bar in the background. I got the impression that was a good morning bite spot for Muskies. Anyone know if that still holds true? I’d love to try to hook up one of those monsters…

MrBlackIS300

I see musky fishermen there all the time. I’ve only seen one catch there in the late afternoon, but last month my nephew did hook a monster while jiggin a fathead and my brother had another big one chase a sheephead he caught.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

There are NO muskies in the St Croix River System!

I have some neighbors that fish ski’s regularly. I’ve seen them at that spot, but from my understanding they go further north regularly.

finman

I haven’t fished the Afton marina for awhile, but there are muskies there, my only fish from there was a 40 incher. It hit a black and white bucktail, in the late afternoon. Friends of mine have boated 50’s there. Early and late are your best bets, as the boat traffic can be horrible, especially on the weekends. Normally start on the upstream side of the no-wake zone, and drift the green buoys down.

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

The silence has definitely been broken…..with as few good spots as there are(relatively speaking)around here Im sure that spot will be worked so hard the water will turn into a green froth by the end of the summer. Time to find some new spots to chase skis.

micah-witham
    Richfield

that’s half the fun of fishing isn’t it??? having a hunch that a spot might hold fish and then actually catching them there. don’t worry, there’s a lot of water out there with muskies in it.

schollmeier

There are Muskies in the St. Croix but they NEVER go south of Afton. The rest of the river is all speed boats, 13″ walleyes, and 10″ sheepies…

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Sure schollmeier and I just learned that there’s only gar and sheephead between Afton and Hudson and that the Kinni Narrows only holds bullheads and suckers…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.