Jimmys Bait and tackle fishing report

• brianrock1
    Minnesota

St. Croix

Heres the news on the fishing line folks. It sounds like the river is producing Walleyes in the 26 to 29 fow. Just find the structure use lindy rigs with crawler and leeches. I understand trolling shad raps has also been pulling in the big ones. In the early morning and late evenings you can look for them in the shallows in the process your going to get Sheephead, White Bass and Small mouth bass, and even Catfish. Anyway you look at it, Thats fun fishing.

Lily lake
    Crappie minnows and fatheads have been working for Crappies, With a few Northern coming in also.

Big Marine
    The deep ledges have been getting Walleyes in the evening about 24 to 28 fow on leeches and crawlers with the lindy rig.

Big Carnelian

Sounds like the Bass and Crappies,Sunnies and Northern have been very active in the shallows around the weeds. using Crappie minnows. Crawlers and Leeches.

For more information
    Call Jimmys Bait and Tackle
    Good fishing !!!
    Thanks

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks for the report Brian…

Mike told me to tell you to put your hat on the right way…

grouse

Brian….

My four year old son and I will be on our way up to Square to fish trout tomorrow afternoon (catch and release only)? Have you heard anything going up there?

brianrock1
    Minnesota

Hey Grouse

Havent heard anything on the trout. This is what I do know. There are some real nice Sunnies and a few crappies being taken out of there. Just head out to the other side of the lake, opposite of the launch for the Sunnies. use crawlers in about 8 to 12 fow. The Crappies that have been found are also in 8 to 12 fow but they are using crappie minnows. Im sorry about the trout info. If I can get the info. I will pass it on. I do know they are in there. I did get my fair share this winter on a jig and waxies in 15 fow about 2 feet from bottom. Thats all I have for now. Good luck and have a blast with your son.

Good fishing
    Brian

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.