St. Croix landings

• marbleye2
    Eagle Lake, MN

I’m heading over to fish the St. Croix for the first time, probably coming over to the I-94 area south of Bayport from Mankato. Any suggestions for a good landing to use? I’m not too familiar with where the landings are located. I don’t have a huge boat, in case that would have any bearing on which launch site to use.

I appreciate any info. Thanks.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Lakefront Park in Hudson is good. The water is high now so you will probably get wet. Right across the river is Beanie’s. Real busy though. Both are about 7 bucks each.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

SteveO, did Beanies lower their price? Last fall they were charging 10 or 12, I can’t remember which. Anybody use Beanies lately?

walzer
    Afton, MN

Beanies is my suggestion. Last year it was $12 to launch, but they have everything you need from snacks to bait. Heading east on 94, take the Hwy 95 exit. Go straight across the highway. At the stop sign, take a right, then take your first left, you’ll see the signs.

Good luck.

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I’d recommend Beach House Marina in Bayport. Cost is $10 but it is easy to reach, good launch site for the Bayport / Hudson area, and they treat you well. Here is an url to help you find it: Beach House Marina, Bayport, MN

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I used Beanies on Tuesday, launch was 8 bucks! Very busy though, kinda crazy down there.

marbleye2
    Eagle Lake, MN

Thanks for the suggestions! I appreciate the input.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Don’t forget about the Windmill Marina if you are fishing the Afton area. It’s more expensive and the too have everything you need including a ships store and gas.

It sure is nice to have a youngster tie up your boat and help load it for ya…well, for us old farts anyway. Awesome parking….and a scooter cart for a ride to your truck/ramp most days…It’s a very short distance and I walk most days.

I know, I’m spoiled.

I should mention that non of these ramps have a large selection of tackle and last year I started calling Beanies ahead of time to check on bait as they were out on too many occaisions.

Jimmy’s has everything in stock with a HUGE selection…and those guys will blow you away with there customer service.

Ask for Mike, Brian, Shawn or Jim. Last time I was in…they all told me where to go…. fish that is!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.