St Croix River’s NEW Bait Shop~ Jimmy’s!

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I have to run and I will finish this post tomorrow…But…I stopped into the old Brother’s Bait Shop this morning and….

WOW!!!!!

Jimmy (hope I spelled that right!) the owner wasn’t there…but a young fella (never did get his name) was.

Talk about friendly! Gave me some good info on the lake we were going to fish today. He as all about ME!

It was amazing! Totally a 360 turn around from the last time I was in the “old” bait shop.

806 S. Main St.

Stillwater, MN 55082

651-430-2554

Winter Hours: Mon-Friday 7:00am-6:00pm Sat 6:00am-6:00pm Sun 6:00am-4:00pm

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

That is certainly good to hear!
    I frequented that shop when I lived in Stillwater in the early ’90s.
    At least back then, there was not another bait shop for many miles!
    chhers

fisherman79
    Hastings Minnesota

Is this the place that is on 95 as you come up to stillwater from the south? It should then be on your left. Next to the cafe their. On the south end of town?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Friendly new owners? I guess I’ll have to start shopping there again.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Fisherman, yes that’s the one.

Suzuki, the fella that was in there yesterday would even impress you!

I wish I would have asked his name. After we talked awhile, I commented on how refreshing he was with his helpfulness and info. He was telling me Jimmy’s thoughts on cusomer service and knowing what’s going on in the area.

I’m telling ya, they guy was truely happy to be there and talking about fishing!

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Good to hear the new owners actually want business. Thanks for the info Brain.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Hey fish them all!
    Don’t start calling Brian Brain. He already thinks he is smarter than the rest of us!

dd

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

No…I think FTA had it right the first time.

mkanderle

That’s great to hear. The only times I’ve stopped in that shop the past two years has been to register turkeys in the spring…I’m glad there’s been a changing of the guard, I’ll be heading in a lot more now!!!

Although, come to think of it, I’d better call and make sure these guys will register a bird

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I stopped in to Jimmy’s today. Met the boss man himself.

I’m not going to dwell on the past…because it is the past. So moving forward….

We were talking about the photo’s on the wall and the deer that came in this fall. I’m not a deer hunter…and I didn’t see the link the otherday…but take a look at some of these bucks! I think these racks are pretty impressive!

One to the home page…look to the left of the deer photo…then click on the link

2005 Deer Photos

As I was looking at the fish photos…Jimmy pointed to this monster cat photo…it was an impressive flathead…THEN I notice the mug holding her…Mr Comancharo15 with his 55 lbs momma!

What’s up Steve…were you keeping this place a secret!!
    By the way, that was the biggest fish on the board…

It was good meeting you Jimmy…keep those decoy suckers in stock this summer

jimmys

Hi Folks,

Thank you for the great feedback. It is always nice to hear that the team is keeping you fisherman happy.
    The nice man that was helping Brian out on Sunday was Shawn.
    I made sure that he was recognized for the great job he is doing. It is nice to have a team
    of guys that enjoy it out there. Mike is our mon-Friday guy from open-2:30.
    Brian works weekdays from 2:30-close and Shawn, Tom and myself cover the
    weekends. We have a lot of fun out there.

Thanks for the good word on the In-Depth website. That really goes a long
    way.

I had a chance to meet Brian last weekend and I cant thank him enough for introducing me to this forum. I will make sure I get some updates from the bait shop posted on a regular basis.

Oh yeh, I fished Mille Lacs the 10th-12th. Same reports as everyone else. JUMBO Perch. No Walleye. Plenty of ice. We worked hard and had a lot of fun though.

Thanks again for all of your support. Expect to here more from us soon.

Jim

jimmys

I almost forgot. to: Pimpwitalimp. Not to worry….We are continuing Big game and Turkey registration. We dont always know what were doing cause “they” keep changing stuff on us. But we will always figure it out for you!

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Jimmy,
    Steve from Hudson here. See you when the water gets soft again. I’m sick of buying my bait at a gas station.
    You sell gas there? I think not.
    Just like banks and bars. Can’t drink at a bank so you shouldn’t cash checks at bars. Words to live by

Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

I agree guys! Even if you spend an extra dollar or two, buy at the local smalltown baitshop. You can get info and customized service there. Jimmy’s really does have a good stock of fishing items, and they will likely do some custom ordering if needed.
    Keep catchin’
    Turk

brianrock1
    Minnesota

Hi all

Im Brian from Jimmys Bait. I work at night and will take care of all your needs and questions. Help point you in the right area for all your fishing needs. When im not working,im fishing. I fish all the area lakes and the river. I get alot of information on whats going on out there. This will help on your bait purchases and the proper gear to use. Im new to this site, but not new to the fishing world. Working for Jimmys has givin me a great chance to meet alot of you. I hope you get to check out the shop. Im looking forward to seeing you all. Stop in and say hi and good fishing.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hey Crappie Hunter,

Welcome to the site. If you’d like me to add your avatar photo to your user account, send the pic to: [email protected] and I’d be happy to plug it in for you. right now you’e throwing the dreaded “Red X.”

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Two guys from Jimmy’s!

Alright! Welcome aboard Crappie Hunter and Jimmy!

If you have any questions feel free to ask in the open forums or use the Private Message system located in “MY HOME”. Also I’ll be sending you both a PM. You’ll see a flashing envelope on the center of your screen, right next to the FORUMS link. Click on that and it will take you directly to your PM’s.

Again welcome! I know a bunch of us are very happy to have a local bait shop again!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’m thinking word is getting out Jim!

I stopped in about 11 this morning. I was the 6th guy in the store…I believe Shawn had his hands full!

I’ve NEVER seen more than one other person and myself in that store at one time!

People notice!!!

jimmys

You aint kidding Brian! 1st time we ran out of Shiners. we just got more in yesterday and ran out today. Not used to that. I hope we have a good croud of people fishing through until opener, cause we will be open. Thanks again Brian and everyone else for your support. I am working with in-depth to get a regular bait shop report started soon .

Jim

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

and I’m working with Crappie Hunter to get meal of gills!

jimmys

You must be reffering to the smoked ones….mmmmmmmm

We are getting more Shiners and Suckers in for you Cheeze Heads. We will try to keep them in until your season closes “Lucky”. Call ahead to make sure 651-430-2554.
    Let me know what the demand is so we can stay stocked up until your season closes.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.