Crappies?

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

We found a few up near rock island. 13″ was the biggest. That is pretty good size for that part of the river. If anyone does get up there maybe think about letting the 13″ fish swim and just keep the 11″ crappies. Seems to be plenty of the smaller size around.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Turk,
    I’ve been out a couple of times for them. The people I’ve been talking to say that the water is a little chilly yet. A fishing partner caught a big one on Saturday. Just one though.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Just South of Windmill there’s been reports of eye guys picking up “some” slabs. The most I’ve heard was 5 while trolling.

I’m still trying to figure out why they’re so big in the Afton area compared to up north aways. Pressure?

buschman
    Pool 2

We picked one up in front of the marina saturday on a jig and minnow. Nice one too but was the olny one we caught.

Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

Thank-you gentlemen!

I want slabs on a 2″ twister tail HAND OVER FIST! On the cast slabs slabs slabs!!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

You must be talking white bass turk.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

See new post…”Want some action?”

Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

No no Crappies! Haven’t you guys ever pounded crappies on twister tails? It’s the best – light line -been to long for me though, as a walleye fool.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I’d love to hear a report like that on the croix…..

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Never have gotten into them on the upper croix like that but I know what you are talking about. Have had a few days in the past where they come into the cliffs so thick that they will leave you with a empty minnow bucket in a hurry. That usually happens in the fall. We did find a few crappies again today around rock island in a couple of different spots. I was going to try to spend a little time targeting the crappies but got side tracked by a decent walleye bite on the way over to them.

kingcabelas
    Hudson, WI

Sounds like the fishin’ is pretty decent on the ol’ St. Croix right now…I can’t wait to get done with school here so I can get back and hit up my “secret” crappie spot! I get jealous of all you guys who get to fish when I’m sittin’ down here at school, studyin’ fer finals, just waiting to get back home and hit the water!
    Don’t catch ’em all…leave some for me.
    -KingCabelas

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.