Thursday on the croix

• manselmo

Got on the river yesterday just after lunch. The wind settled down a bit for me and I had a great afternoon of fishing even though it rained. In the calm areas there were fish blowin up everywhere. Looked like they were chasing small shad or some other minnows. Probably caught a dozen of them but they were small for the most part. I fished just south of stillwater for the last hour and a half before dark. Caught 6 nice fish on crank baits in 10 ft of water. Great day with no other boats on the water.

manselmo

Smallmouth. I’m going again sunday morning. After alot of years away from the river, I’m back and I can’t get enough. Why would I go anywhere else?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m planning on the Croix sometime today or Sunday morning if I’m lucky enough to finish my other projects. I haven’t been out there much for the last month or so.

I was on the sippi last night from 8 until 2ish. It was a fantastic night! Calm, fairly warm, Zero boat traffic…except the one barge. Fishing was …well rotten…but the night was so nice I stayed out 2 extra hours…(which really made my wife mad, ‘spose to go to fair this morning)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.