Muskies on the Croix?

• DredgeII

I have monitored this sight for a few years and decided to add my two cents. All the regulars I see on this site, have provided advise and comments related to fishing the croix. Hope to meet some of you or all of you on my next venture out.

I have noticed a few boats slinging baseball bats with treble hooks in and around the Kinni narrows.. Even saw one of those water wolves pulled out of the water. Appeared to be close to 40″ inches.. Is this normal or is this the year of the muskie?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hey ToddO! Welcome! It’s nice to be able to just jump in with a question…or answer..by being registared!

Last year was the year of the Muskie on the Croix. Although I haven’t targeted muskies…yet, there’s a bunch of them being caught…and not caught…if you know what I mean…This year is yet to be determined!

Are you from the Hudson area?

DredgeII

Live in West Lakeland. Been fishing the St.Croix for 15 Plus years and practically grew up on the Mississipi in So. St. Paul. Fished Beanies tournament last year.. Lookin to give Turk some competition this year. I will keep my fingers crossed, he is a heck of a fisherman.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

There’s a muskie bite going but those who do the most consistant and successful chasing are being quiet. I believe it’s because of the added pressure caused by the pics posted last year, but I don’t know for sure. I know the Croix is being prodded in the direction of a trophy muskie fishery so these fellers really need to just get used to that added presence. More will come……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.