River depth on St Croix near Osceola

• staynchargebob
    Amery, WI

Anyone out there know what the average depth of the river is around Osceola. I am taking my kids fishing this weekend and am trying to decide where to go. I was down south of Osceola last summer and noticed that is was pretty darn shallow in some area. I have a 17″ boat and am wondering if its too big for that part of the river. I usually only see little 12-14′ boats and canoes down there. I’m just looking for a good spot to drown some bait with my boys and see what it might bring. Ant suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
    Bob

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

You should be able to run that boat wide open on that streach of river……….Just dont plan on bringing it all back home with you.

Okay, Bad joke there.

From what I have seen the water levels have been dropping alot over the last 2 weeks. You would need to take it easy with your boat in that area. You might just want to try the Franconia area just up stream from Osceola. You can put in at Fronconia and pretty safely head a half mile up stream to Rock island (cliffs). There is a nice hole there that holds alot of crappies, smallies and more. Also a few sand bars for the kids to swim at.
    If you want shoot me a PM with your number and I might be able help you out better with this area.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.