afton state park closed for weekend….

• purehd
    Newport mn

Any one know any other nice st. Croix shore spots for this weekend sence park is closed for hunting?

Looking to throw jigs for crappie smallmouth or walleye.

Any info would be great and help a guy out.
    Thanks

boone
    Woodbury, MN

There’s St. Croix Bluffs park on the Minnesota side and on the Wisconsin side there’s the Kinni State Park. I’ve never fished from shore in either spot. Or you could go to Prescott and fish from shore by the railroad bridge on the MN side or there’s a fishing pier just upstream from the boat ramp in Prescott. Those are both popular places to fish and I do see people catching fish in both areas.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Bluffs might be worth trying. With no boat traffic there’s more water to fish there from shore. You got rocks there too. And that nice shelf out front with the possibility of fish being shallow. Hudson is another possibility. Out on the levee.

Dale Rueber
    Red Wing, MN

Also at The Bluffs you can fish the shoreline to the North a long ways. Caught some smallies a few years back when my boat was in the shop. There is a trail, old railroad bed, I believe that runs along the shore.
    Only problem is it costs money to get into the park.

purehd
    Newport mn

Thinking of hitting the bluffs when the park opens then if nothing happening over there i will drive down to prescott and give that a try.. I used to camp at the bluffs as a kid cant remmber if i used to fish it or not so i geuss ill find out this weekend then.. lol

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.