Bad day on the Croix

• b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

This happened on Saturday. I have no idea how happened? This was before it was blowing 30. I took the pictures on Sunday because I figured it would not be in good taste to do it when they were standing on the dock.

Hopefully everybody was ok and it did looked like everybody was ok and another boat was there helping them.

Also watched a pleasure boater get beached in Afton because they don’t understand river navigation…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Did ja tell ’em it gets kinda shallow over there?? (while they were knee deep pushing their boat out?)

Back when I anchored on Catfish Bar, those were the highlights of the night. (Sorry, as long as no one was hurt, I laugh)

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Forgot the plug?

I spend a lot of time on the Croix in the fall chasing sturgeon and usually one of those weekends is the busy labor day weekend.

One time I was anchored south of 94 bridge by the 80′ hole. I was about 30yds from shore and in about 6′ fishing the hole. A boat with about 10 people in it was headed right at me when a front passenger says to the driver “Hey, did you see this guy right in front of you?” the driver stands up, and turn the boat towards shore to go around me. I just started grinning as i knew they would be in 1′ or less of water.
    The next 10 minutes they were within a few yds of me and mud was a flying as they tried to “Gun it” through the shallows.

Some people would do very well to purchase a gps mapping system for their boats.

fireline
    Rochester

Do they have GPS chips showing deeps of the Croix ? Does the Croix have wing dams ?

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

yes and no

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

That’s one way to wash the carpets in your boat.

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Quote:

Some people would do very well to purchase a gps mapping system for their boats.

I see plenty of people with very expensive Furuno navigation systems go inside the buoy and hit the sand on Afton every year…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.