Hudson on 5/18

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Toured, I mean trolled Hudson last night. Nothing. Longlined, 3-way’d, leadcore for about 2 hours. Graph was just lit up with life in certain areas.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nothing in the channel Mike? I’m surpised!

What time did you go through the Kinni area?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Hudson. No Kinni. Launched at the Bean. That’s a nice option with all the construction if the launch isn’t crowded. Nothing worse than going there only to find out there’s no parking.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Gottcha…I was sitting in the Kinni channel from 8:30 till too late. That’s why I asked….Did you sign up to take some money away from Turk?

buschman
    Pool 2

Hey guys, my user name used to be jrod but swiched machines and username.Got a limit in afton yesterday.Five saugers and one eye all 16-18 in.Been seeing some nice saugers this year.Also put a 23 in eye back that my girlfriend cought(she olny came out for a half hour and still beat me with the biggest eye )Getting used to it.
    Was out the last four days and yesterday was the best.Went home last sat with olny 2 legal fish 4 on sunday and no legals on monday.I have been trying lindys and have not got one legal fish off them.All the fish that I put in the box came off a jig and fathead.
    Also got a white crappie yesterday.Olny the second one I ever cought on the croix, it was 13 in.The other one I got was 15 inches last year but half the weight of them big black crappies.
    Anyone else ever catch white crappies out here?
    I cought a perch about 8 inches last year and someone told me they catch them off there dock every year.I guess you never know what you will ge on the Croix

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Hey Jrod/Buschman! I’ve been looking for you!

Sounds like you have been fishing…for a while I thought you got married or something silly like that!

I caught a couple perch last year. The size would have made it good bait. Never seen a white crappie out there yet…but then I haven’t seen a paddle fish or a eel either…(I hope it stays that way on the latter!)

You been fishing the area that we ice fished or the other points?

kingcabelas
    Hudson, WI

Me and my buddy went out Tuesday and yesterday (Wednesday), and yesterday was the better of the two days. Caught 3 smaller saugers and 4 keeper walleyes (all about 16″-17″). We trolled south of the I-94 bridge on the WI side of the river and only picked up 2 small saugers. Caught a couple in the Hudson channel, and caught some up by the train bridge. Real windy yesterday…hard to get a good drift but we must have been doin’ somethin’ right.
    -KingCabelas

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Where abouts from afton do you fisH? I’ve never gone north of the Kinni. Have a contest through work and have a motor big enough to get me there pretty quickly and would love to try it. Thanks.

buschman
    Pool 2

MARRIED! “whats that”
    Oh wait now I remember
    so why do you guys do that anyways.I shouldnt say anything though my girlfriend does more fishing than most my friends and I starting to wonder if that a good thing
    I fish afton state park to catfish point most the time.
    great shore lines,sand bars,and some current.Cant pinpoint areas for ya,things change from day to day.Just find something that works and stick with it.Kinni is real good right now and other areas north too.Just need to be down there and find something that works for you.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I’ve been hitting the Kinni without much success. I’ve been told to troll the Wisc. Side from the Kinni on up to Hudson in 16′. Any body been trying this? I just need to get up there and try it. So if ya see a Fish Hawk 1850 with a big white Johnson on the back and a black lab pup in the front,stop over. Thanks

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Chappy…if you have beer…I’ll bring my friend along….

I trolled form the rangers house boats up about a mile..maybe I little better. This was two weeks ago. Notta. I was running 10 to 25 feet…with Raps. A worm may make a differance(?)

chappy
    Hastings, MN

mmmmmmmmmm Beeeeer! He looks a little tipsy.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

They both were a little dipsy…er tipsy.

Did you get out in the wind today?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.