2012 Hudson Launch Fees

• cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Appears the next meeting is Mon, Dec.19th at 7 pm. I’ll send you a message Jesse later this week if I’m able to make it.

Eric

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Eric,
    I haven’t ever attended a city council meeting. Do they even plan to discuss the launch fees during the meeting on the 19th? The agenda doesn’t list this as a topic. If not, do they allow open questions during the meeting?

In the past, you were suppose to have a City of Hudson resident sticker on your trailor in order to pay the 3.00 resident launch fee. I don’t think they did very good on enforcing this though.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

In the past, you were suppose to have a City of Hudson resident sticker on your trailor in order to pay the 3.00 resident launch fee. I don’t think they did very good on enforcing this though.

Funny you mention this, I only paid $3 most time I went out unless of course I only had a 5 or 10 $ bill then they got more

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Anybody make that meeting?

BTW I had an email all written up for that city council member but figured since I wasnt a Wi resident and didnt own a mansion and Yacht , why bother…

sfh450
    Hudson

I think technically you’re paying to park, not launch, as I believe it’s against Wisconsin law to charge a fee for launching on a public water. I’d pay $35 for a resident fee. They would have come ahead last year considering how often it was closed due to high water.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Here is an update on the increase. I heard through the grapevine they will be discussing a seasonal pass option on Monday Jan 9th. But the proposal is 70.00 for residents and 100.00 for non-residents. Here is my message to my city council representative (Rich Vanselow) and his reply. I plan to attend this meeting on Monday. I think it is good that they are considering an annual option, but why do they think they need to charge more than double what all the surrounding public launches are charging? I’m hoping others can join me at this meeting.

Quote:

Kirk.

The boat launch daily fee will be $7.00 rresident and $10.00 non resident.

The annual pass fee is being proposed at $70.00 resident and $100.00 non resident. This item will be discussed at the finance committee meeting on Monday, January 9th beginning at 5:30 p.m. It may also be passed on to the full city council that night. The council meeting begins at 7 p.m. You should be able to make comments at either meeting.

Rich

n Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:28 AM,
    Hi Rich,
    I spoke to a good buddy of mine this morning. He gave me an update on the Boat Launch fees based on a conversation he had with you last night. He said it was on the agenda for an upcoming meeting to discuss having a seasonal pass. He indicated the proposed cost would be 70.00 for residents and 100.00 for non-residents.

I realize the city is not in a position to lose revenue because of the DNR requirement of not charging non-residents more than 50% more than residents. So I understand the decision to raise the launch fee for residents to 7.00 per launch.

Offering a seasonal pass is a step in the right direction. A 70.00 resident fee is more than double what surrounding communities are charging for their public launches. The Troy Township launch charges 30.00 resident and 60.00 non-resident for annual passes. Bayport charges 25.00 resident and doesn’t offer a non-resident annual pass. Prescott charges 35.00 resident and 50.00 non-resident. North Hudson doesn’t charge anything to launch.

Based on how much the launch was closed last summer, a 70.00 seasonal pass would have not been a good deal for most people that use the Hudson Launch including me. I grew up in Hudson and a big reason I still live here is because of the access to the St Croix River. I know a lot of people from Hudson that boat on the river and use the Hudson boat launch that have not heard anything about these changes. I’ll go out on a limb and say that when they find out about these changes, they will not be happy. I’ve considered writing a letter to the editor of the Star Observer informing people of this change, but would rather put my trust in the city council to make the correct decisions.

Rich, Please let me know if this is what is being proposed and whether the public can attend this discussion. Thanks again for being my city council representative. Kirk Klund

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Nice work Kirk! Thank you. The yearly fee wont work for me but it might for others. Actually its rather insulting but a step in the right direction.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.