? for the St. Croix River fisherman.

I like the idea of a nightly payout, then a end of the season payout as well.

Maybe something like 50% of the pot for nightly, 50% for end of year. In regards to weekends in the fall, this would not work for me. Bowhunting and fall tournaments on Cass, Pool 4 will be taking up too much of my time.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I was thinking along the lines of a bigger tourney at the end of the year. Keep it low $$ for the season and one big $$$ at the end. My original thoughts

I got 85Lund helping me with a web-site so that should be up and running in the next week or 2

redneck
    Rosemount

This old guy has to ask—–what is the southern boundry????? You know Pool 3 has no fish in it anyway so you could include it too and you might get some crazy old fart to give it a go

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

If you limit the league/tourney time to say 2-3 hours or whatever and have no limitation on where you can boat that will dictate how much time there is to burn on travel and every person can make that choice.

Here’s how another local tourney operates:

Shotgun start at 6 p.m. Must be at the dock (or off plane within sight) by 9 p.m.

Update: Friend just sent this website with guidelines. This should be helpful for you all.

http://www.fishing-leagues.com

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

All right let’s get this boat floating. I’m gonna go with a start date of Tuesday July 12 at 6-9pm and run an 8 week league so Tues Aug 30th will be the last league night then I’ll do an end of the season Tourney on an agreed upon weekend (fall bite ).

I’m looking for a right hand man to help me run this thing so PM me your resume’s if your interested

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

I would love to do this, just don’t have a boat for it right now. i’m only setup for cats at this time.

so….if anyone needs a partner, let me know!

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

If anyone needs a co-angler to fish with let me know. I work in Hudson and would love to fish this league. I would gladly kick in some gas/bait.

wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

What was the decision on launch point etc.

I am 99 % in. Have to ask for permission first and would likely miss the first outing as that is the last week for the kids ball games.

Have boat – need co angler or would also be interested in being a co depending on how this fills.

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

Interested but for future years. Just too much going on with a new born coming 7/7 to add to the 4yr old and the last 5 months of grad school. I will keep an eye for next year.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Jesse,
    check your PM, I shot you a note. I can get you everything you need and you guys can modify from there. The lake Arbutis guys got me the info and would be happy to send it your way!

Jeremy

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I’ll fish it when I can but Tuesday’s are bad for me. The month of August is out.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Not to steal Jesse’s thunder here, but the nice thing about the way we set up the Menomin-Tainter format as it allows maximum participation but not being committed to every week.
    For those that have not seen our site yet–go to allwalleyes.com and you can see everything that is involved with our league!

Good luck!

Jeremy

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

Quote:

What was the decision on launch point etc.

I am 99 % in. Have to ask for permission first and would likely miss the first outing as that is the last week for the kids ball games.

Have boat – need co angler or would also be interested in being a co depending on how this fills.

I am in need of a BOAT and am in if you are still

wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

TJB – The CEO just gave me permission So I am in.

bill mitchell

im with mark on his idea..i wont be able to fish until mid to late july myself anyways..since im without a boat while mines being fixed..keep me posted as too what your thinking

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

If I read all of that right….I like the idea of being flexible with requirements for the league weeks but I don’t think its a good idea to let a team jump in for only one week and win a pot without committing the costs for entire season. If thats the case I would only pay the entry cost when I have a good bite going and save my $$ on the rest of the weeks just my opinion…

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

If I read all of that right….I like the idea of being flexible with requirements for the league weeks but I don’t think its a good idea to let a team jump in for only one week and win a pot without committing the costs for entire season. If thats the case I would only pay the entry cost when I have a good bite going and save my $$ on the rest of the weeks just my opinion…

Opinion noted and I have to agree with that a bit….

sfh450
    Hudson

Jesse, why does everything have to be a competition? Fishing should be for enjoyment.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Based on the last two posts, of which I agree with them, we should keep the pot small enough so this doesn’t turn into wild competition complete with accusations of tailpiping, and other forms of typical fishing complaints.

This should largely be a club, with some technique sharing, comraderie, and a small amount of competition both for the week and for the season. Nothing to cheat over or have someone drop in once and grab a big wad of cash.

ET

lunker33
    excelsior

tuesday july 12 6:00pm……where are we starting from and whats the buy in? Im in

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

tuesday july 12 6:00pm……where are we starting from and whats the buy in? Im in

I’m still trying to decide how I’m going to do the launching. I’m guessing one week we’ll launch in Hudson and maybe the next week at the Bluffs Regional Park. I am debating on the cell phone start also. I’m not 100% on which direction to go with that. I’m also thinking $20 a boat $10 a head, remember THIS LEAGUE IS FOR FUN and competitive behavior IS NOT encouraged. Pay back will be 40% 30% 20% 10% with big fish paying back 100%.

I am still looking for a right hand man that can make good decisions while being open, fair and strict all at the same time….multi task

I am also looking at partnering with 2 other leagues in Western WI and having the league and then an end of the year tourney against the 2 other leagues. I’m not looking to do this for 1 season I’m hoping to have this running 10 years from now

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

I will help if and where I can. I assume we have settled on Tuesday evenings? I have a boat, but no co-angler at this time. Is the pay out per angler or for the boat? What do we do about ringers joining (guides/pros)? Nothing against them, but I’m hoping the goal is for all of us to learn more about how and where to fish on the Croix vs. cashing in. Some of us believe we are still on the light end of the walleye fishing experience. Would we need to limit the fishing to the Croix or is Pool 3 fine. With the limited time it may be difficult to run from Hudson down to Prescott and back, but if you put in at Prescott you could fish the Miss and motor up to the “weigh in”. I’m in if I’m allowed. I haven’t yet looked a the other websites so I may beasking questions that have already been asked and answered. I’ve been waiting for a long time for someone to start a small fishing league on the Croix. Thanks for starting this Jesse.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

It will be limited to the Croix.

d-train

I’m in. Might be looking for a partner but need to check with a couple of people first. I like the idea of a small pot to keep it from being overcompetitive.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

ATTENTION ALL NEW POSTS FROM ME WILL NOW BE POSTED TO >>> THIS THREAD <<<

Thank you for all your input guys, now let’s have some fun fishing

juls50

I think that would be awesome, count me in

JULS

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

I’m in need of a partner. I have a boat.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

Jesse, why does everything have to be a competition? Fishing should be for enjoyment.

Enjoyable competition sounds like fun to me. Just like a pool, dart or bowling league.

I am going to make this as enjoyable as possible for all anglers from novice to pro

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.